PDA

View Full Version : Quick recovery in Toaster Oven

Land Owner
06-04-2021, 07:53 AM
I took to heart one of the recommendations for powder coating that I read at Castboolits - adding Steel to the Toaster Oven - to aid in heat retention and recovery when multiple batches are being coated. I added eight (8) 3" x 3" x various thickness steel shims to the bottom of my oven, between the heating elements, which REALLY retain a LOT of heat.

I dump the contents of my trays, wire mesh, silicon liner, boolits and all, into a bucket of water for boolit quenching. Then the latent heat in the oven is used to dry Tray Number One while "cooking" next batch of bullets in Tray Number Two. The minimal humidity is offset by the latent heat of the steel shims and the induced current in the heating elements.

Conditor22
06-19-2021, 01:17 PM
Any heat retaining material will work. I use ceramic BBQ briquettes, some use lava rock, regular rock, fire brick, -----

https://i.imgur.com/IBgRs5O.png

phidelt208
06-21-2021, 11:04 AM
Shoot us some photos, That's a great Idea I would like to do something like this.

Taterhead
06-24-2021, 12:27 AM
I really need to do something like that. Keep the ideas coming!

Land Owner
06-24-2021, 05:30 AM
Credit where credit is due to Conditor22 for giving me the suggestion in the first place.

oley55
06-24-2021, 05:43 PM
I'll probably be sent to the Principal's office for this, but I use a well dried/cured 5+ year old concrete paver brick in the bottom of my oven.

I don't think our ovens produce so much heat that specialty furnace bricks n such are really needed. Unless of course you already have said specialty stuff just lying around.