PDA

View Full Version : Finally getting some trigger time

Green Frog
06-02-2021, 10:55 PM
Loaded up some 125 gr LRN for the nine and cracked open a bulk box of Fed Auto Match 22s and headed out to the range today. Took a couple of Frankenguns, a S&W based nine and a High Standard based 22. Maybe I didn’t shoot as generously as I would have in times when ammo was more easily obtained, but “it’s the thought that counts.”

It sure feels good to be doing some shooting again, even a small amount.
Froggie

jim147
06-02-2021, 11:32 PM
Good for you. I have two high standards two feet away and I haven't shot them in a couple years. I'll fix that in the next few days. I just need to step out my door but some how I don't shoot like I should or fish like I should anymore.

Green Frog
06-03-2021, 10:30 AM
My poor old Franken-Standard hadn’t been shot for about 10-15 years. The trigger shank was all gummed and corroded inside the frame and had to be disassembled, and I had to put the mount and optic back on the barrel. This was actually my third trip to the range with it, but I finally reported this one because I finally got out there with everything needed to get it running right and sighted in.

I’ve been experimenting with different combinations of parts on the 9mm and finally got a combination of parts and adjustment that suits me while using my 125 gr LRN reloads.

I have been looking at my 22 ammo and reloading supplies in terms of replacement costs rather than supply on hand. I have to change my frame of mind to “use and enjoy” rather than “hold back in fear.” Why gather in times of plenty then not get the benefits in times of famine?

Froggie

Texas by God
06-03-2021, 02:52 PM
I'm glad that you were able to get out and shoot.
I'm grateful every day for my existence on the farm where I can shoot whenever I have time.
I feel for those who can't- because I know it would drive me nuts.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

FergusonTO35
06-03-2021, 03:22 PM
I'm glad that you were able to get out and shoot.
I'm grateful every day for my existence on the farm where I can shoot whenever I have time.
I feel for those who can't- because I know it would drive me nuts.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Agree 100%. I also like the idea of having a .22 understudy for a larger centerfire. My Glock 44 provides meaningful practice for my 9mm versions, as does the Henry .22 for it's larger brethren. Looking to add a .22 Ruger SP-101 to the mix also.

Hdskip
06-03-2021, 07:44 PM
The shooting weather has been good here in Virginia. Ive been participating a couple times a week.