PDA

View Full Version : The prodigal son returns home

jim147
06-02-2021, 10:33 PM
In 2008 I picked up a XD45 service with tritium night sights. In 2014 leukemia hit. I sold it in 2015 to help with bills. In 2017 the guy I sold it to needed some a/c work and I got it back. At the end of 2019 I was very ill and sold it back to him.

While I'm not super healthy and will never be, I was able to buy it back today. It will not get sold again. I might need to replace the night sites. Not as bright as they used to be.

Small world things to healthy people making what I used to but means a lot to me.

Cargo
06-02-2021, 10:45 PM
I have two friends that seems to happen with and a certain 1911 that's now in my possession for the third and final time lol.

Glad your XD is home to roost!!

Winger Ed.
06-02-2021, 11:18 PM
You guys have a great part time job buying it back and forth.:bigsmyl2:

Der Gebirgsjager
06-03-2021, 09:27 AM
I know the feeling, Jim. It feels indescribably good! Close to 20 years ago I gave an Astra 400 pistol to a young man not long out of the USMC who was an aspiring gunsmith. I had carefully reblued it and he expressed so much admiration for the refinishing job that I made him a gift of it. He lived in NH at that time, and it wasn't too long and he dropped off the radar. One afternoon I was looking through the offerings on Gunbroker, and there it was, unmistakably the same pistol being offered for sale by a pawn shop in MD. I bought it back, and it looks just as good as when I gave it away. It won't leave home again.

DG

Mk42gunner
06-03-2021, 07:34 PM
Close to forty years ago my best friend and had an Ithaca Model 72 that we traded back and forth four or five times. It finally got stolen out of his truck in Nevada.

When the Henry .22's came out, I bought one, but it wasn't the same. Made much cheaper than the old Erma made one and it didn't shoot early as good.

Robert

Hodagtrapper
06-03-2021, 07:41 PM
Glad that it is in your possession again and pray that your medical troubles are at bay.

Chris