PDA

View Full Version : Lgs $$$$!

Krag 1901
05-28-2021, 06:12 PM
Went by the LGS that sell lead boolets to see if the 32-20's I ordered had come in and look around for some .44's greater than .430". No luck wth that but bought some 158 gr .358 boolets and price has gone up to $44 for 500. I asked about pistol primers and he said what size? I said both and aske at what price?

CCI Small for $125 and Federal Large Match for $145!!!! I said, I'd shoot my rifles, I have a thousand small and large primers for rifle. A 400% increase is TOOOOOO Much for this Irishman to take!

He did have some powders however, and I got a pound of RL10X for $45, only a 50% increase!

Lefty Red
05-28-2021, 07:33 PM
It’s still crazy, but it’s there in the stores now. The prices will drop, when the scalpers stop getting their asking prices for it.

Most stores around here are without limits now.

Idaho45guy
05-28-2021, 07:53 PM
No primers in the stores here, yet. Powder shows up every couple of months and is gone in a day or so. No pistol bullets for 8 months. Primers about the same.

If you stocked up for a year's worth of shooting, which used to be prudent, you'd be screwed now.

I stocked up for a couple of years, and now I'm getting nervous.

Cargo
05-28-2021, 07:58 PM
Keep shopping, I'm buying Hornady XTPs for $22-29 a box and I'm paying $4.99-6.99 per tray for primers
It's not great but it is what it is for the time being. I've been buying my lead bullets from Hoosier and have been pretty happy with quality and price so far.

tankgunner59
05-28-2021, 08:28 PM
Powder around here is sporadic, and primers right now are pretty much unobtainium. I picked up a couple pounds of Clays last month for $23 per. I was looking for some small rifle primers last October and the LGS got some in, so with those I'm stocked for at least 2 more years if need be. But if I find more at a decent price I'll pick some up. I'm not prone to hoarding though, I'll get a brick of each size I need and no more. Last year I was helped out by one of our brothers here, we had to drive a little over an hour but it was a good score at pre shortage prices and a great day with the love of my life. She's happy too cause I have plenty of primers for her shooting.