PDA

View Full Version : Please help me identify who manufactured this brass

pertnear
05-27-2021, 10:36 AM
I picked up 14 brass cartridge cases at a private range on a game ranch. I'd never seen one before but determined it was one of those new fangled-dangled Precision Rifle Cartridges in 6.5mm caliber. What I can't figure out who made 'em & what does the "G" stand for? Curiosity has got me....TIA

cwtebay
05-27-2021, 11:15 AM
I picked up 14 brass cartridge cases at a private range on a game ranch. I'd never seen one before but determined it was one of those new fangled-dangled Precision Rifle Cartridges in 6.5mm caliber. What I can't figure out who made 'em & what does the "G" stand for? Curiosity has got me....TIA
283557I believe G is usually Fiocchi. Not sure they make that particular cartridge though?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

mdi
05-27-2021, 12:23 PM
May help;http://www.tacticoolproducts.com/headstamps.pdf

pertnear
05-27-2021, 12:39 PM
Thanks mdi for the chart. Looks like they probably are Federal, especially since the cartridge is so new & so American! I'm learning....

gwpercle
05-27-2021, 03:26 PM
Yes I think you're right about the case being Federal ... I was looking around on the net at the Precision Rifle Cartridge line and there were two boxes of Federal Ammo in a photo along with a story on the round ... Interestingly it is based on the 300 Ruger Compact Magnum necked down ...
I would have thought Ruger would have picked up on that right out the gate and made a 6.5 RCM
Gary