PDA

View Full Version : Lemishine and dawn

BrutalAB
05-25-2021, 01:07 PM
This combo is magical stuff. I now use it as my go to cleaner for pretty much everything.

Stuborn pans from cooking, adhesive residue.. doesnt matter.

Even used it to get sprat paint off my hands and my 2 year olds legs. It had dried and took such little scrubing she didnt mind. Took about 30 seconds to get it off. Magic stuff I tell you.

Nueces
05-25-2021, 01:36 PM
Interesting! Details, please, on your mixture.

MaLar
05-25-2021, 02:09 PM
Lemishine = Citric acid. I use it to clead hard water from the shower.
A few Tbs in a sprits bottle spray it on wait 15 minutes and wisk it away

bimus
05-25-2021, 03:16 PM
A little bit of Dawn and water in a spray bottle works good on wasps

slim1836
05-25-2021, 03:28 PM
A little bit of Dawn and water in a spray bottle works good on wasps

Knocks em right down from the nest. Good stuff.

Slim

Conditor22
05-25-2021, 03:35 PM
Word of warning, anytime you use lemi-shine/citric acid on metal, make sure you rinse it off completely when done or you could discolor the metal/brass. Don't ask me how I know [smilie=b:

05-25-2021, 04:08 PM
Dirty brass and a tub of hot water & dawn soap. Agitate for a few minutes and dump. Hot water, dawn, & lemi-shine - agitate for 10 - 12 minutes, then dump. Rinse 3 or 4 times in hot water and dry on a nail board. Sometime Q-tip the primer pocket. Couldn't be easier.

Rickf1985
05-25-2021, 05:13 PM
This combo is magical stuff. I now use it as my go to cleaner for pretty much everything.

Stuborn pans from cooking, adhesive residue.. doesnt matter.

Even used it to get sprat paint off my hands and my 2 year olds legs. It had dried and took such little scrubing she didnt mind. Took about 30 seconds to get it off. Magic stuff I tell you.

Still waiting to hear what mix you used.

dswancutt
05-25-2021, 05:20 PM
Here is what I use for SS pins in 2 gallons of water. I use the measuring cup that comes with Robitussin cough syrup. For Dirty cases, 1 full cup of Dawn and about a 40 S&W case of citric acid, which equates to just covering the bottom of the measuring cup. A little citric acid goes along way.

charlie b
05-25-2021, 09:58 PM
Mix isn't that important. I just squeeze the bottle a couple times in half gallon jug. Couple tablespoons of Citric Acid (get it at Walmart in the canning section (kitchen stuff).

And, yeah, don't leave the brass in there too long. :)

zymguy
05-26-2021, 12:03 AM
i think to get real serious about minimum amount of lemmi shine or citric acid you'd need to take into account for your waters total alkalinity. Youd also need to use your grain accurate scale. For the dawn its just how accurate you measure the water and dawn, ion concentration doesn't matter.

BrutalAB
05-26-2021, 03:50 PM
Ratio isnt important. Though i usually use a generous amount of lemishine (maybe 3 table spoons) and just a squeeze of dawn. This is for a quart of solution. Its pretty strong this way, and could probably be diluted a fair amount and still he effective.

BrutalAB
05-26-2021, 03:52 PM
I just realized i should add that i use a much weaker solution for cleaning brass, a couple drops of dawn and about 2 or 3 teaspons of lemishine for about a half gallon.

gwpercle
05-26-2021, 06:07 PM
Dawn and water is good for cleaning baby ducks coated with crude oil ...
I don't guess too many live in areas that have oil rigs that blow out every so often ... the Louisiana marsh lands have oil deposits and duck flyways ...
but if you ever do need to know how to get the baby ducks clean... Dawn and water , blow dry them on low .
Might have to try the Lemi-Shine with Dawn next time ... might be just the duck cleaning ticket .
Gary

Eddie17
05-26-2021, 06:51 PM
A car wash an wax solution to replace dawn, allows brass to remain shiny! My opinion.

Nueces
05-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Ratio isnt important. Though i usually use a generous amount of lemishine (maybe 3 table spoons) and just a squeeze of dawn. This is for a quart of solution. Its pretty strong this way, and could probably be diluted a fair amount and still he effective.

Thanks, I'll try it.

dougader
05-26-2021, 11:35 PM
Guys, there are 46 pages covering 11 years... just scroll up the top of the same page this thread is on...

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?83572-Citric-acid-brass-cleaner

ubetcha
05-27-2021, 07:33 AM
I use a couple of drops of Dawn and a sprinkle of citric acid plus warm water in an ultra sonic ,then several rinses in cold water. I don't really measure anything. Brass always comes out clean and shiny. Even inside the case and most of the time , primer pockets.

Hanzy4200
05-27-2021, 10:55 AM
I prefer Lemishine and ArmorAll wash n' wax. Leaves a much better lasting shine.

BrutalAB
05-27-2021, 10:56 AM
Guys, there are 46 pages covering 11 years... just scroll up the top of the same page this thread is on...

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?83572-Citric-acid-brass-cleaner

Thats where i got the combo from. Figured most had heard of the combo for brass, Just wanted to let everyone know that it works extremely well in other applications as well. The spray paint is what impressed me the most. Used to have to live with that stuff on me for like a week.