PDA

View Full Version : Glock auction?

TNsailorman
05-21-2021, 10:40 PM
Some gun site sent me one of those "come on" advertisements this morning and one of the lead stories was that Glock was in trouble and would be going up for auction. Anyone know anything about this or is this just another one of those bogus stories to gain attention?

BNE
05-21-2021, 10:42 PM
I have no idea, but I find it HIGHLY unlikely.

Glocks do not stay on the shelves at the local gun store.

BNE

StuBach
05-21-2021, 10:51 PM
I can’t find any reputable news story confirming that rumor. Anyone else find anything?

dswancutt
05-21-2021, 11:04 PM
It a company that makes a folding Glock, not Glock. Here is a link to the article.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/full-conceal-maker-folding-glock-auctioned/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20210521_FridayDigest_331&utm_campaign=/digest/full-conceal-maker-folding-glock-auctioned/

44Blam
05-21-2021, 11:53 PM
I have a feeling that Glock is doing very well right now...

Jsm180
05-22-2021, 07:50 AM
https://www.gunsamerica.com/digest/full-conceal-maker-folding-glock-auctioned/

TNsailorman
05-22-2021, 02:22 PM
Thats good to hear. My email only said Glock on hard times up for auction. I had a hard time believing but just wanted to know if anyone had any info on it. I know that Glocks are very popular around my neck of the woods.

W.R.Buchanan
05-23-2021, 04:16 PM
Glocks are very popular for a reason. They are the simplest handguns to master there is. It is My Humble opinion that the US military did a great disservice to its people by choosing the Sig 320 over the Glock. The Sig has several big problems and the Glock has had all it's problems solved many years ago. 65% of militaries and LE in the world use Glocks. There must be a reason why?

The only reason why the Sig was chosen over the Glock was the initial price per unit. And Sig is more than making up for their low price per unit by selling spare parts at a premium. In other words the Glocks would have come in well below the Sigs in overall cost per user.

This is typical Big Govt thinking usually done by people who haven't got a clue what they are buying. I see it every day.

Randy

TNsailorman
05-23-2021, 04:51 PM
Also I think there are a little more than day door promises to the military buyers about future jobs after retirement. Look at the rest of the military providers and their incestuous relationship with the high ranking officers. Ike knew what he was talking about when he warned of the military industrial complex.