PDA

View Full Version : Mag 9000 blade sharpener

JRLesan
05-20-2021, 05:46 PM
Intend to buy a new one as soon as they become available (supposedly in another week) but in the meantime I want to get a pedestal set up for one. I need to know the 'footprint' of said machine; where do the 4 rubber 'feet' stand on the platform? A call to the company yielded a print of their pedestal base with incomplete dimensions. Hopefully someone reading this either has one or access to one. Thanks in advance...

Winger Ed.
05-20-2021, 06:16 PM
Ask to talk to someone back in the shop.

That usually works.

JRLesan
05-20-2021, 06:37 PM
Talked to the owner/designer/engineer who probably wanted to sell me his $300.00 version...

Winger Ed.
05-20-2021, 06:55 PM
Talked to the owner/designer/engineer who probably wanted to sell me his $300.00 version...

Oh well.
That might have something to do with the vague description too.

After you get the machine, you can probably figure it out pretty quick.:bigsmyl2:

gwrench
05-22-2021, 08:11 PM
At work I occasionally use a Magna Matic blade grinder that looks like a mag 9000. Is that what we're talking about? You need the footprint?

I will be there dark and early Monday.

BTW, I don't have a dedicated platform for it. I use a small hydraulic lift table.

gwrench
05-24-2021, 08:33 AM
This mag 9000 has a footprint of 11"x 7.5"

StrawHat
05-24-2021, 08:58 AM
Intend to buy a new one as soon as they become available (supposedly in another week) but in the meantime I want to get a pedestal set up for one. I need to know the 'footprint' of said machine; where do the 4 rubber 'feet' stand on the platform? A call to the company yielded a print of their pedestal base with incomplete dimensions. Hopefully someone reading this either has one or access to one. Thanks in advance...

I do not have one but judging from the price, you sharpen a lot of mower blades!?

Kevin

JRLesan
05-24-2021, 06:58 PM
The Mg 9000 is the MagnaMatic 9000.
Are the rubber feet c to c or out to out measuring 11X7.5 or is that the base size?
And no I don't sharpen a lot of blades but have two G'Hoppers (5 blades) and one old Lawnboy and a daughter with a 2 bladed G'Hopper and not a lot of time. I've sharpened with a 4" sidewinder long enough...

gwrench
05-24-2021, 08:33 PM
11" x 7.5" outside of the rubber feet.

It will give a pretty grind but nothing seems fast enough when grinding lots of thick blades. This is for big golf course rotaries.

Get a cleaning brick for the wheel and don't let it get loaded up. If you get any black streaks clean the wheel. You may want to keep a bucket of water close by in case they get a little hot.

StrawHat
05-25-2021, 05:52 AM
The Mg 9000 is the MagnaMatic 9000.
Are the rubber feet c to c or out to out measuring 11X7.5 or is that the base size?
And no I don't sharpen a lot of blades but have two G'Hoppers (5 blades) and one old Lawnboy and a daughter with a 2 bladed G'Hopper and not a lot of time. I've sharpened with a 4" sidewinder long enough...

I understand. The angle grinders leave a lot to be desired when it comes to sharpening. My needs are met by a large variety of tools including two (2) slow speed belt sanders. Quicker than files and not a lot of heat.

The bucket of water, mentioned by gwrench is a good idea.

Kevin

wildwilly501
05-25-2021, 07:00 AM
Never used a dedicated mower blade sharpener but got a belt grinder couple years ago. Of all the ways I"ve sharpened mower blades it works the best