PDA

View Full Version : Gamo Swarm Fusion gen 2 10x

copdills
05-19-2021, 05:47 PM
Thinking about getting one of these in 22 cal for squirrel control, but I don't know alot about airguns I need your advice and thoughts

Thanks copdills

copdills
05-20-2021, 03:58 PM
does anyone think Gamo is a good brand or should I look else where

chutesnreloads
05-22-2021, 08:40 PM
Gamo is as good as any of the other spring/gas piston air guns in that price range and .22 would be my suggestion for squirrels.
Get several different weight and style pellets to see what the gun shoots best. I'd keep away from the pricier "hunting" pellets
and the "alloy" pellets. Hollow point pellets are unlikely to expand from that gun at any but the closest distance. Mine shoots the RWS wadcutter pellets the most accurate so that's what I shoot squirrels with. At back yard ranges (30 yards or less) the wadcutter still hits
plenty hard and we've all read about what a big metplat will do here on this forum. When forced to make a body shot the pellets almost
always is found just under the hide on the off side so there is all the penetration needed. Once in a great while I will get complete pass
throughs with them. Not trying to sell the wadcutter. Just pointing out that the most accurate pellet will be your best pellet for squirrels

copdills
05-24-2021, 10:24 PM
Thank you for the information and what grain wadcutter do you use

chutesnreloads
05-25-2021, 06:45 PM
I use a 14 grain wadcutter but only because it happens to be the most accurate pellet from MY rifle at the distances I shoot.
Would advise you try as many different pellets in yours as possible to see what it shoots best. Its the only way to know

copdills
05-25-2021, 07:12 PM
I use a 14 grain wadcutter but only because it happens to be the most accurate pellet from MY rifle at the distances I shoot.
Would advise you try as many different pellets in yours as possible to see what it shoots best. Its the only way to know
Thank you Sir:

Smoke4320
05-26-2021, 07:42 AM
Keep in mind if using a spring gun You will need a scope specifically designed for the back AND forth recoil of spring guns. They can destroy a normal scope quickly.