PDA

View Full Version : RCBS Pro Melt issues

gvanzeggelaar
05-18-2021, 05:44 AM
Good Day,

I purchases a used pro melt that I am finding out has a couple of issues with leaking. I looks like the nozzle may have gotten bent a bit and now it leaks around the spout and out of the spout itself. The nozzle looks a bit banged up. I called RCBS to purchase a replacement pot and nozzle but they no longer stock them. I would really like to get this pot going. What is the best source of action here? Is there another source for parts? Here is a picture.

https://share.icloud.com/photos/0xtGVEFDpYo2H_sxhFrUIBNQg

Thanks in advance.

smithnframe
05-18-2021, 06:48 AM
Can’t you straighten it?

gvanzeggelaar
05-18-2021, 06:53 AM
I may be able to. I ripped it all apart and straightened and cleaned it. The problem is where the valve stem seats at the top of the valve it is slightly warped. Not sure if I will ever get a seal there again.

gvanzeggelaar
05-18-2021, 02:28 PM
No other suggestions?

Randy Bohannon
05-18-2021, 03:51 PM
Ream/chamfer a new surface for the valve to seat against each other ? Might have to be creative for such an endeavor.

Mk42gunner
05-18-2021, 06:35 PM
I couldn't get your picture to open, so this is just a guess.

If you can get the valve to operate correctly, try lapping the rod and seat together with fine valve grinding compound. find it for a few dollars at the auto parts store.

Hope this helps,

Robert

gvanzeggelaar
05-18-2021, 07:13 PM
I’ll give this a go. I can weld the spout solid to fix that leak and I’ll lap it where the valve seats