PDA

View Full Version : Got a smoker......

Handloader109
05-08-2021, 05:01 PM
Was looking through Lowes with my daughter who is building a house and was looking at some items. Was headed out and saw a bunch of masterbuilt smokers in a row where they aren't usually located. Looked closer and they were half off. From $92 to 126. I bought the low end electric with a digital controller. $249 for $136 out the door with tax.

I can taste the ribs now.....

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

pertnear
05-08-2021, 05:35 PM
A bargain always sweetens the flavor too! :happy dance:

Cosmic_Charlie
05-08-2021, 05:48 PM
My son has a Weber briquette fired smoker and he loves it. Been thinking about one.

myg30
05-08-2021, 09:45 PM
My ole friend is an avid smoker of meats, cheeses and fish. He says the electric is the better one because you can control the low temp needed for “Low n Slow” smoking, especially low temp cold smoking cheeses. No baby sitting required. He smokes ribs over night and man are they awsome.
Now I’m hungry !

Enjoy fellers, Mike

jdfoxinc
05-08-2021, 10:08 PM
I have the largest propane powered model. I do 2 salmon fillets, 2 rib racks, a brisket and a pork but roast or 2 chickens at once. Fish on top then chicken, or ribs then toast on bottom. Pulled pork. Um um.

StuBach
05-09-2021, 07:00 AM
I have their Bluetooth enabled model and it’s phenomenal. You don’t get quite as much “bark” on the meat but it gives great flavor and is very easy to control. Masterbuilt has a smoker recipe manual available on Amazon that isn’t bad but is very basic in its instructions and recipes. Shoot me a PM and I can send you a few screenshots (kindle version) if your interested in any particular recipes.

Advise adding an hour to two for any recipes you read though just in case it takes longer than anticipated. Had a couple late dinners because of that.

gwpercle
05-09-2021, 10:53 AM
I LIKE my electric smoker ... bought years ago without a digital controller ...
that little controller will make one a pleasure to use . Get a metal smoker box to put wood chips in for smoke making , then it's almost ... set it and forget it .
Awesome Score ... can't pass a smokin deal like that up ...:D
Gary

contender1
05-09-2021, 11:06 AM
Love the smokers,, and even better when you get a deal!

Shuz
05-09-2021, 02:53 PM
I just bought a new Dynaglow smoker earlier this year and I love it!