PDA

View Full Version : What is gunloads.com

gwpercle
05-07-2021, 02:09 PM
Our address is www.castboolits.gunloads.com So what is gunloads ?
is gunloads.com a part of cast boolits and can I click on or something that shows gun loads?
I'm clueless as to what , where and when gunloads is or how it works .
Gary

No_1
05-07-2021, 02:17 PM
It is the site Castbooits is hosted on. They are separate from us and require a separate log in.

Sent from somewhere on Mother Earth

TimD
05-07-2021, 02:37 PM
"gunloads.com" is the top level domain that hosts the castboolits site. You could think of it like a mall owner (gunloads) which rents space to stores (castboolits).

Your can go to "gunloads.com" and will see the top level site. There is some content there, but I have not explored it much.
I am sure there are others here who could comment on the history of gunloads.

Electrod47
05-07-2021, 04:38 PM
Great question, I was wondering the same. But, afraid to ask.

gwpercle
05-07-2021, 06:20 PM
I went to gunloads.com and tried to register to see what was going on but couldn't get registered .
I'll go back another day and see if they will let me sign up .
Looked like it could be an interesting forum ... I just have to figure out what I'm doing wrong .
Gary

Tried again to register ... but there is some security code I'm not putting in ...funny thing is ... I don't see the code to enter it .
Can't enter a code if you can't see it ... computers and me never got along ... just not in my DNA .
Gary

Rickf1985
05-08-2021, 02:02 PM
If it is the site that Cast Boolits is hosted on then it is unlikely you will get on there unless you are a top admin of cast boolits since that is where all the business for the site takes place.

gwpercle
05-09-2021, 10:42 AM
I'm going to try again to register on Monday ... maybe some one will be in the office and notice me knocking on the front door .... " Hey ! Let me in ... I want to join the team "

Has anyone out there registered lately ... how did you do it ... & any tips for me ?
Gary

HumptyDumpty
05-09-2021, 07:54 PM
Interesting, it has user-submitted loads for various cartridges.
From the Site

"Our goal is to bring you everything you need to accurately reload your own weapon of choice, along with all the accessories to go with it. Including, free printable targets, tips, safety instructions and of course gun loads.
This site is going to be as much member run as possible. With member reviews, stories, and creativity! Thanks and enjoy your stay."

El Greco
05-09-2021, 08:30 PM
I have tried it numerous times. I cant register. The forum has not had any activity for over 4 years.

gwpercle
05-09-2021, 08:51 PM
I have tried it numerous times. I cant register. The forum has not had any activity for over 4 years.

Thanks for that info El Greco ... the site sounded cool but if you cant get in and no activity for over 4 years then I guess it's time to throw in the towel ... The lights are on but nobodies home ... Guess I'll stop knocking on the door .
Gary

SierraHunter
05-09-2021, 09:17 PM
Gunloads used to host a couple other forums, including gun loads, and one called Reloaders nest. I actually used to really like reloads next but it seems to have died along with the gun loads forum. The gun loads site still has a couple pages for use submitted load data and some printable targets and stuff.

Rizzo
05-10-2021, 01:38 PM
...... The gun loads site still has a couple pages for use submitted load data and some printable targets and stuff.

I just went there and downloaded a few rifle targets that I can use.
Thanks for mentioning that.

gwpercle
05-11-2021, 01:31 PM
Gunloads used to host a couple other forums, including gun loads, and one called Reloaders nest. I actually used to really like reloads next but it seems to have died along with the gun loads forum. The gun loads site still has a couple pages for use submitted load data and some printable targets and stuff.

Yes ... Reloaders Nest ... I remember and I belonged and enjoyed it also ... hated to see it go .
Gary

No_1
05-13-2021, 05:36 AM
Incorrect. That site is not associated with this site in any way, shape, or form with the exception of being our host. No Admins on this site have any control over actions/inactions on that site.

If it is the site that Cast Boolits is hosted on then it is unlikely you will get on there unless you are a top admin of cast boolits since that is where all the business for the site takes place.