PDA

View Full Version : range opened at last

robg
05-06-2021, 05:38 AM
our range opened Wednesday after months of lock down .my 45-70/357 and 1022 had fun .my 1022 had lost its accuracy as it always does when its been cleaned,takes 100 rounds to settle down after a good cleaning .but the 45-70 and 357 were still on the money even if i was a bit rusty .great day.

bakerjw
05-06-2021, 06:27 AM
I hate to hear that it took so long...
I was the RSO for the afternoon shift at ours yesterday. Almost all shooting .22 LR.

john.k
05-06-2021, 06:45 AM
Range here has been open just about all the time......but they are rationing shooting time to 2 hour sessions ,with a booking fee,and charging the pre epidemic full day fee .....needless to say ,Ive given it a miss.

richhodg66
05-06-2021, 07:08 AM
I do most of my shooting at the house, so no worries. The range I still RSO at was scheduled to close for a year for rennovations about the time Covid hit, so it just expedited that.

However, the local trap range stayed open through it all under some clause the state had about outdoor activity places like parks and running tracks, golf courses, etc. They kept their regular schedule through the whole thing.

robg
05-06-2021, 12:07 PM
members of our club pay an annual fee ,no other charges and thats been suspended as it was shut. im an RCO there 2 days a week .weds was a day off .

Winger Ed.
05-06-2021, 12:10 PM
In Texas, gun stores and shooting ranges were deemed essential, and didn't close.
But it's rather quiet though. Nobody has much ammo for casual blasting.

BJK
05-06-2021, 12:18 PM
Our state dictator tried to close our ranges and might have been successful for a time, I just don't know. But when Trump declared them essential that took the hot air out of her dictates. It also opened up our gun stores. I think she figured out that she'd get sued if she didn't wake up. Amazingly, despite covid being the death disease predicted, with 99.7% of the people who contract it surviving, opening those things up wasn't a problem or a cause for infection.

If I had the data early on the UV kills covid in a heartbeat, why didn't they? I'm nobody and it was easy to find. Being outside in the sun was one of the safest places to be. There is other data that they ignored too, and a way that once they saw the survival statistics that they could have achieved herd immunity many months ago. But I'm going off the rails no so I'll stop.

David2011
05-07-2021, 02:30 AM
Our state dictator tried to close our ranges and might have been successful for a time, I just don't know. But when Trump declared them essential that took the hot air out of her dictates. It also opened up our gun stores. I think she figured out that she'd get sued if she didn't wake up. Amazingly, despite covid being the death disease predicted, with 99.7% of the people who contract it surviving, opening those things up wasn't a problem or a cause for infection.

If I had the data early on the UV kills covid in a heartbeat, why didn't they? I'm nobody and it was easy to find. Being outside in the sun was one of the safest places to be. There is other data that they ignored too, and a way that once they saw the survival statistics that they could have achieved herd immunity many months ago. But I'm going off the rails no so I'll stop.

You certainly narrowed it down with “dictator” and “she” but could you edit your profile to show your location so we don’t have to guess? We don’t need your address but the state would be nice to know. Knowing where members live at least to the state they’re in helps the frame of reference. Cheers!

robg
05-07-2021, 09:11 AM
outdoor ranges were open ours is an indoor range .200 yard old railway tunnel.we were treated as gyms.