PDA

View Full Version : Help with pictures please

WestKentucky
05-03-2021, 12:06 AM
I can’t get pictures to work. Flat out can’t. The only thing I have to use is my iPhone 8. I had gotten picture to work once before by saving a thumbnail from a resized image I had used on another forum where it automatically resizes but now I get errors about file type if I try that method. If anybody knows the trick to making it work then please share. It may have to be a very detailed walkthrough because I have tried everything I know to try. I have a couple thing to put up on pay it forward and I will not do it without a pic, so I’m at a really bad point where I’m getting frustrated and aggravated because I can’t even try to give something away. Please help.

Honestly pictures is the biggest disappointment here and the frustration with it is about to run me away from the site.

Sasquatch-1
05-03-2021, 07:24 AM
I don't know anything about using a smart phone for posting pictures, let that be known from the start. My question would be, what format are the pictures saved in. If not a JPEG try to convert them. Also, I can't remember for sure but there may be a sticky about posting pictures.

WestKentucky
05-03-2021, 08:41 AM
I don't know anything about using a smart phone for posting pictures, let that be known from the start. My question would be, what format are the pictures saved in. If not a JPEG try to convert them. Also, I can't remember for sure but there may be a sticky about posting pictures.
I have been through the sticky and it didn’t get me going. As far as file type goes, I’m not sure. I think I will have to email a picture to myself at work to see.

jakharath
05-03-2021, 08:45 AM
Howdy,

If you want to upload pictures click the picture icon:

Then select "From Computer":

Then select "Browse" to find your files:

After you have selected your file click "Upload File(s)" which is below the "Browse" button above.

The code will look something like this:

Let me know if you are tying to use a image hosting service.

Markopolo
05-03-2021, 08:47 AM
hello there Mr. West

from your iphone, you should use a web picture place like "post image" to easily get your pics on here.

Once loaded there, your picture is just a couple clicks away.

here is a link. you do not need an account. https://postimages.org

load your image there, and then you can post the image through a URL upload. much easier on our server here as well. feel free to PM me if you still have questions about the process, I can walk you through it.

have a great day,

Marko

Markopolo
05-03-2021, 08:49 AM
awesome Jak..

i do believe he is having a sizing issue with his phone. rather then trying to resize on his phone, sounds like a hosting service will be much easier for him.

marko

WestKentucky
05-03-2021, 11:38 PM
Marco

That seems like my issue, but I’m a bit surprised that it’s still an issue after I screenshot the still and try to upload the screenshot. That has always worked for me when I have had filesize issues, but having played with it a bit more tonight it does seem to be a filesize thing. Apparently some of the online pages are using a program to rewrite file type to designate images as originating from internet sources and saving those at lower resolution and trying to post that way also doesn’t work. I may have to direct link from a host. I thought I was past the photobucket days but maybe I’m not.

243winxb
05-04-2021, 06:56 AM
Take a screen shot of the photo thats on your phone, that you want to upload. This will reduce the size. And the file type jpg.

The go " advanced" Then manage attachments. Find photo. Upload.

TimD
05-04-2021, 12:48 PM

I used my iPhone 7 to take this picture.

Refer to the instructions that jakharath posted above.

Select From Computer, then select "Choose File".

This displayed three options on my phone: Photo Library, Take Photo or Video, and Browse.
I selected Photo Library, tapped the photo, selected Choose.

The popup updated indicated 1 photo. Repeat the process to choose more than 1 photo (but I did not try that).

I then selected "Upload File(s)", which did not really look like a button.

The photo was uploaded and attached to my post. I edited this text in afterward since it was not Fun doing it on the iPhone.

Hope this helps,
Tim

WestKentucky
05-05-2021, 09:07 PM

I got a photo resizing app. That’s not super easy but it works.

Anybody know the actual max filesize?

243winxb
05-05-2021, 09:28 PM
When the photo is to large, i get this.

WestKentucky
05-05-2021, 09:44 PM
This may be the best I can do... now I need to take better pictures and get it listed.

Markopolo
05-05-2021, 09:46 PM
something keeps whispering at me that the filesize is 1 mb or less.. but i am getting old and memory full error is something I experience daily.

243winxb
05-05-2021, 09:50 PM
When i click on your tractor photo, it gets larger, as i guess you know. Photo looks good. I think you got the know how, now.