PDA

View Full Version : loads for a shockwave

frkelly74
04-30-2021, 09:33 AM
My Son in law got a shockwave gun and has been playing with it. He told me that the recommended load to shoot in it was #4 buck and was really happy when he found some at a shop over in Kentwood. So I thought I would try to find a way to load up some for him and proceeded to bore out some cavities in the back side of an old barely usable Lee mold that I got cheap. I wanted round balls at approximately .25" but could not maintain alignment of the mold halves on my shaky old drill press, So I opted for cylindrical pellets at approximately .28" . I am stacking 9 of these pellets in an AA wad and loading them over some International Powder in some old AA hulls that have survived a couple of moves across the country. I knew I would use them some day. I wanted some pretty soft shooting loads and these are pretty mild. They are also strictly short range ammo. I could not reliably hit a McDonalds drink cup at 25 yds . Hits were noted all around it but very few actually hit the cup. They are spreaders for sure. And penetration into the berm was minimal. I put these together with my Lee Loader and was quite pleased that they chambered and actually fired. They did not have enough oomph to function the autoloader gun but they will be used in a pump and I was trying to get low recoil loads. I also tried a couple of round ball loads just for fun and they hit a 2'X3' piece of cardboard reliably. So I got light loads that work , used components I had on hand or improvised, learned a couple of things, Didn't blow anything up..... Life is good.

Cargo
04-30-2021, 09:54 AM
I was loading 17gr of 700X under 8 00buck.
Hull was Win AA HS with HCD21 wad. These were mild on recoil and patterned well in our shockwave and other hd shotguns.