PDA

View Full Version : How do you folks make 3d printer parts "stickier"?

Mr_Sheesh
04-30-2021, 04:54 AM
For a cutoff jig, for example, the printed part can be somewhat slick and low friction. I may try friction tape, if I can find any, not seen it lately - Or glue coarse sandpaper to the jig? It's annoying if you make a cutoff jig and it slides around in your vise!

MrWolf
04-30-2021, 11:45 AM
Read a few ways such as hairspray, painters tape, and increasing the bed temperature. I am just trying PETG and am having adhesion issues with making soft jaws for the 4" HF vice. Gonna try the painters tape. They did supply a small textured print pad with the filament.
Ron

Mr_Sheesh
04-30-2021, 02:49 PM
Oh. To clarify: This is not a bed adhesion during printing question. Sorry if that was what came across. I want the jigs stickier AFTER PRINTING, when in use to cut off cases, so they don't scoot around in the cutoff saw's vise and mess up your desired cut location.

Dsltech1
04-30-2021, 04:04 PM
I’ve never used it on 3d model, but a/c insulation tape is self adhesive and the exterior is usually sticky. Automotive stores sell it by the roll. Freightliner and most of the other semi dealers sell it by the foot. A cut up inner tube or butyl rubber gasket maker glued on might provide a decent grip as well. If sand paper or anti skid tape doesn’t work.

Link to the insulation tape. https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/c/murray-climate-control/tools---equipment/adhesive-tape/other-tapes/7d1167d14c32/murray-climate-control-insulation-tape/mry0/59010

Conditor22
04-30-2021, 04:50 PM
https://www.amazon.com/Abrasive-Waterproof-Sandpaper-Furniture-Improvement/dp/B01B2SWZ9W/ref=sr_1_13?dchild=1&keywords=sandpaper+strips&qid=1619815702&sr=8-13

Rough up the jig with coarse sandpaper and stick a strip of this on

MrWolf
04-30-2021, 07:31 PM
Oh. To clarify: This is not a bed adhesion during printing question. Sorry if that was what came across. I want the jigs stickier AFTER PRINTING, when in use to cut off cases, so they don't scoot around in the cutoff saw's vise and mess up your desired cut location.

It was me not reading it fully. Now I understand what you were looking for. Good suggestions.
Ron

country gent
04-30-2021, 07:31 PM
For thin parts and soft parts at work pieces we held them down with double faced tap. Maybe th tape holing it to the fixed jaw of the saw and the movable jaw to clamp