PDA

View Full Version : Avoided the Price Gauging - Lee Magnum Melter in stock at Midway

Rfeustel
04-29-2021, 03:53 PM
After reading a number of posts, I decided to procure a Lee Magnum Melter to anneal cases for jacket making. I searched everywhere for weeks. No one had them anywhere. I thought maybe it was discontinued in favor of the bottom pour.

Some guy on eBay listed one, NIB, for $199. I was willing to pay a little more given the market, and offered $100. Soundly rejected. It’s still on eBay for $199.

Notified today that Midway has them for $74. If anyone is looking, get it while you can.

all on a day I was also able to get Win 209s for fair prices.

Maybe the market is getting better. We’ll see

On to jacket making....

Half Dog
04-29-2021, 04:55 PM
I’m glad to hear you waited and got what you wanted at your price.

contendernut
04-29-2021, 05:13 PM
I hope those that are doing this get stuck with excess inventory if things return to past ways

Rfeustel
04-29-2021, 05:41 PM
My feelings too

Eddie17
04-29-2021, 05:56 PM
Agree!

tiger762
04-29-2021, 07:43 PM
This whole situation is bringing out the worst in people. No reason for it to be $199. Just someone being a jerk.

ameenkitekar
04-30-2021, 03:41 PM
Need design for .312 lead wadcutter swaging die and press design. Please someone help me.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

0verkill
05-11-2021, 02:23 AM
I hope those that are doing this get stuck with excess inventory WHEN things return to past ways

Fixed that for you. I wonder what some of them are going to do. A lot of places have overpaid for the stock they have. It's the distributors/middlemen in some cases hyping the shortage and scaring those that order stock into buy large quantities at inflated prices, I've overheard some of the conversations. It's easy to look at the name over the door, but I wish I knew the companies jacking up prices BEFORE they get to retail.
I'm also keeping track of the companies that kept their prices as low as possible during this whole mess, those are the places that will get my business WHEN everything goes back to normal.