PDA

View Full Version : been a rough few weeks

country gent
04-28-2021, 10:31 PM
Got blood work done and developed cellulitis a week or so later. struggled with that for a couple weeks ( 10 days of heavy antibiotics which affected stomach and such also). Made using the walker hard to do. Now we think this also brought on a flair with the MS. Talked with nurse today and will hear back from neurologist tomorrow. Im now using the electric geo chair in the house. Its been rough but working thru it best I can.

On the plus side last fall I replaced the 2 small steps into the house with a ramp so the chair isnt as big an issue, Guess some one was guiding me there. While a smaller lighter chair the Geo is tight in my doorways, a little under 2" clearance. But it is easier cooling and carrying meals and things than the walker is.

Three44s
04-28-2021, 10:39 PM
I hope things get better for you and does not impinge on your ability to enjoy your new shop in the future!

Three44s

country gent
04-28-2021, 10:46 PM
Oh Im gong to use the new shop no mater what. Part of the reason for it was to he rehab to keep me active. Im to ornery and stubborn to give up

smoked turkey
04-28-2021, 10:59 PM
country gent sorry to hear of your "flare up" and sounds like you will beat it and move on. Your attitude is so positive and your outlook is too. I've said a prayer for your situation and know that the Lord will come along side and help you through it.
Stan

country gent
04-28-2021, 11:10 PM
Smoked Turkey, I still do most of what I did before. Just not as fast or the same way. I do use more power tools since pushing a saw file plane from a wheel chair moves me more than the tools LOL.
One thing I did do on the new building was chain fall type door openers, When you bend over in the chair with the belt unfastened and pull up it pulls you right out of the chair, learned that real quick. :)

Norcal707
04-28-2021, 11:20 PM
Hope you heal quick and bounce back - seems like every year since I hit my late 40's has seen a new health issue, more meds, etc. :(

The Golden Years have come at last - The Golden Years can kiss my ***!!!

XDROB
04-29-2021, 07:06 AM
I just saw this thread. Sorry to hear about your struggles. I know what it's like to deal with medical issues. I have a few myself. The number one thing is a good frame of mind. Looks like you have that.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

John Wayne
04-29-2021, 07:29 AM
Keep fightin' CG!

bedbugbilly
04-29-2021, 09:13 AM
Our thoughts and prayers are with you CG - I hope things get better and back on an even keel for you - keep positive and know there are a lot of folks thinking about you and pulling for you.

memtb
04-29-2021, 09:33 AM
We’re wishing you the best! A good attitude and a strong will to win goes a long way! memtb

country gent
04-29-2021, 09:45 AM
A truly heart felt thank you to all. The support is overwhelming. Ive been fighting the MS for 20 years now. Looking like Im going to be getting an MRI now. While not painful they re a pain to go thru. Head neck orbs and spine is roughly 4 hours in the tube laying with out moving or sleeping.

Ironically the car accident that took my wife is thought to have brought on the flair up they could diagnose the MS with.

Again a Thank you to all, Sounding off occasionally helps a lot

lightman
04-29-2021, 10:08 AM
I've been away a couple of days and I'm just now seeing this. Wishing you the best and hoping you have a fast recovery.

I hate those MRIs. I get cramps and its a fight to stay still. And it seems like I get an itch as soon as they roll me into the tube.

Shopdog
04-29-2021, 11:42 AM
Pulling for you Gent,you're an inspiration to just keep on,keeping on.

FredBuddy
04-29-2021, 12:23 PM
Best wishes, Country Gent.

clum553946
04-29-2021, 01:46 PM
Our thoughts are with you & wishing for a quick & full recovery for you! Keep up that fightin’ spirit!

slim1836
04-29-2021, 01:56 PM
My issues are small compared to yours. Makes me thankful for getting around as much as I can. I use a scooter in large stores but do not own one yet.

Hang in there and I pray you get better quickly.

Slim

farmbif
04-29-2021, 02:17 PM
hope the therapy gets you up and going again

country gent
04-29-2021, 08:59 PM
Slim, One thing Ive learned is I can look in any newspaper and easily find many who are worse off than me. I am thankful for what I have and my abilities. I have 3 wonderful children now all are in 30s, 3 wonderful grandsons, many friends, and family. A few years ago the grandsons and I made stilts. They have worked with grandpa to make small wooden finger tops, and other small items. I made them each a wooden rattle when they were born. Granada usually runs he power equipment but when Moms not looking they get a chance, You should see the grins when they are turning handles on the little HF mini lathe. :grin:

Pete44mag
04-29-2021, 10:01 PM
My thoughts and Prayers are with you CG that heal and are able to get back to the things you love.

country gent
05-02-2021, 10:52 PM
Update for everything.

Walkers are doing better no real distance yet but using them to get turned around into chairs and Toilet from the geo chair.

Control is doing a lot better.

Wayne Smith
05-03-2021, 08:40 AM
Good to hear you are coming back. You have been dealing with this for 20 years you know the general sequence. Having good support is essential and you have it.

I had a client who had MS and sometimes I would see her in a wheelchair and O2 and sometimes she came in walking. She was a pastor's wife and active in the Church. She told me one time that they were having a woman's retreat but she wasn't sure she would go because of her current condition. Two weeks later she told me that one of the ladies said that she would be at the retreat "even if I have to tow your wheelchair behind my car"!

That kind of support is good to have as you go through life with MS.

05-03-2021, 08:50 AM
Thoughts & prayers, country gent. I guess we all will, or do now, have a run at medical issues. I know I certainly do right now. "KBO" ~ Winston Churchill (Keep buggering on.)

Murphy
05-04-2021, 10:16 AM
country gent,

Keep on moving my friend. I retired July 31st of 2019 at age 66. Ain't what I would call old yet, but ain't no young un' anymore either. Medical problems, yep I've got several. The dish washer went out and I had to replace it. A longtime friend came over to help. Seems we spent about as much time figuring out which one was going to get up off the floor first, then help the other up more than anything.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Murphy