PDA

View Full Version : Great news

gwpercle
04-27-2021, 06:44 PM
As of 3:45 PM CST Today , Gov. John Bell Edwards of the State of Louisiana has LIFTED the Mask Wearing Mandate, in most places . In Hospitals , Health Care Facilities , Federal Buildings , Court Houses , Educational Facilities and a few other places , the madate will stay in place ... BUT in private places of business ... they are lifted unless the private business wants you to wear a mask ...They have to post signage indicating the requirement !

I have looked forward to this day for a long time ... thank you Dear Lord !
I got fully vaccinated , carry a card and don't want to wear no stinking mask no more .
Gary :happy dance: :drinks: :CastBoolitsisbest:

Targa
04-27-2021, 06:48 PM
Countless business’s lost, livelihoods destroyed, citizens treated like sheep, citizens wanting to be treated like sheep all over government control and a mandate that should have never even been considered. I am sorry sir, I do not share in your joy.

Winger Ed.
04-27-2021, 07:18 PM
Yawl are a little late, but--- welcome to the party.

gwpercle
04-27-2021, 07:30 PM
Yawl are a little late, but--- welcome to the party.

Thanks ... He's a danged Democrat ... Better Late Than Never ... I guess .
Gary

bakerjw
04-27-2021, 07:35 PM
our county lifted the mask mandate last year. I've only worn a mask in our local grocery store but that is coming to an end.
My wife and I have been going out regularly for several months now without masks.

gwpercle
04-27-2021, 09:53 PM
our county lifted the mask mandate last year. I've only worn a mask in our local grocery store but that is coming to an end.
My wife and I have been going out regularly for several months now without masks.

LIKE ![smilie=s:
Gary

Gator 45/70
04-27-2021, 10:17 PM
Who dat? Sausage-head JBE you mean? We don't pay no attention to him.

contender1
04-27-2021, 10:45 PM
Some folks think I'm difficult, or odd or whatever. But I've not worn a mask much at all during this entire "pandemic." I've also not stopped going to places I always went,, EXCEPT when they were closed.
My better half & I haven't "altered" our lifestyle too much, taken any shots, or followed the "official" mandates.
It's still America, and I'm supposed to be able to be free to make these kinds of decisions for myself.
And for the folks who want to say; "A mask will help protect you AND those around you," I understand your thoughts, but I don't attempt to get too close to most folks.
We have no plans to take any shots either.

We are not in an "at risk" group, except for maybe our age.

That said, we also avoided close contact with a few family members with cancer, asthma, or other things that could put them at greater risks. Yet, we still visited with them, and didn't isolate ourselves, nor allowed them to be "shut-ins" either.

So, to get permission to do whatever, goes against my personal freedoms. And the FEW times I've been confronted, I made the CHOICE to either wear a mask, or go elsewhere.

And a few weeks ago, I had a manager of a restaurant come over to me & say; "Sir you must wear a mask" to which I replied; "Gee, I'm not wearing underwear either,, do you want to check me for that too?" The confused look was priceless. Then I followed with;
"I have a right to a choice for my personal health & safety to not wear a mask. If you demand it, I'll take my group of 4 people, take a refund, and NEVER, EVER patronize this restaurant again. And remember, you CLAIM to support Veterans, Of which 2 of us are, who fought for FREEDOM, and you will get outed for being two-faced & hypocritical!"

He allowed us all to remain AND apologized.

So, kudos to those who feel they must follow orders from a government official, and are going to enjoy freedom again, if only by permission.