PDA

View Full Version : Federal 100 small pistol primers

TNsailorman
04-23-2021, 06:15 PM
I received 2 notices from MidWayUSA today that the Federal 100 small pistol primer in the 5000 pack size had been discontinued. I was on their notify me list. They did not say whether it was MidWay discontinuing the primers or whether it was Federal who was the culprit. Anyway, thought you might want to know. james

JimB..
04-23-2021, 06:37 PM
I received 2 notices from MidWayUSA today that the Federal 100 small pistol primer in the 5000 pack size had been discontinued. I was on their notify me list. They did not say whether it was MidWay discontinuing the primers or whether it was Federal who was the culprit. Anyway, thought you might want to know. james

Midway does this for various products from time to time, it means that midway is not carrying it rather than that the product has been discontinued by the manuf.

Just my experience.

imashooter2
04-23-2021, 07:09 PM
We are discussing the same thing on another thread. I received those emails regards CCI small rifle and Federal small rifle and small pistol. It seems unlikely that both manufacturers have stopped shipping sleeves.

TNsailorman
04-23-2021, 10:34 PM
I hope the above are correct but why would Midway discontinue a product that they can literally make a killing on when they can get them in stock. A few minutes ago I receive 3 messages say they were also discontinuing Win. 6 1/2 small rifle primers, another saying they were discontinuing Fed. Gold Metal small pistol primers mag., and another saying they were discontinuing Win. small pistol primers 1 1/2. Does that sound like maybe the primer manufacturers are not giving Midway any hope of getting these primers in the near or distant future? Stay tuned, its gonna get worse I'm afraid.

cwtebay
04-23-2021, 11:20 PM
I got that notice a few years ago for kynock 35 WCF in 5 round packs. They then offered them at $4.75 apiece (yup, I hoarded them!!). But I've gotten them before, only to see them "back in stock" a couple of months later. Pretty sure that's not going to happen with primers, but I think it may be a business strategy for Larry.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

c0wb0y84
04-23-2021, 11:29 PM
I got the notice for winchester, cci, and federal. I was kinda hoping that it meant they were doing some page maintenance on the primers bc they're getting ready to relist them. Probably just wishful thinking though.

oldsman
04-24-2021, 08:57 AM
I would guess it is more of a way to change there prices and if manufacture change their packaging grafics , now all their primers are priced at 74.99 a brick a couple of weeks ago they were priced at 59.99

TNsailorman
04-24-2021, 10:25 AM
I just the notice on CCI 500 small pistol primers also. By the way, the last brick of primer I bought was $21.95 per thousand. Wish I had bought more SPP and SRP than I did but life goes on. james

Green Frog
04-25-2021, 08:24 AM
I just the notice on CCI 500 small pistol primers also. By the way, the last brick of primer I bought was $21.95 per thousand. Wish I had bought more SPP and SRP than I did but life goes on. james

You can’t have it all. If you did, where would you put it?
Just get as much of a supply as you can afford and easily store to take you through a shooting “season” or two and hope for the best. I wish I’d bought more Federal Bench Rest SRPs when they were going up to the “ridiculously high” price of $14.75 per thousand plus tax! :shock:
Oh well.

Froggie