PDA

View Full Version : Savage 110 Parts

Stephen Cohen
04-23-2021, 04:12 AM
I have a Savage 110E in 222 Rem and since it is a long action with the blind magazine I would like to re barrel to 308, I have the barrel and bolt head and only lack the magazine follower and spring in that caliber, the magazine box in my rifle is long enough if I remove the factory fitted magazine block. It would seem that Savage are not supplying parts any time soon and I was wondering if I could use a detachable Savage mag to make the blind mag follower and spring. I know I could sell this rifle and buy one in the caliber of my choice but we have a shortage of just about everything in Australia. Any help would be appreciated. Regards Stephen

richhodg66
04-23-2021, 04:58 AM
For all the time, trouble and expense, wouldn't it be easier to just trade it off on a .308?

Czech_too
04-23-2021, 06:49 AM
Have the same rifle, original barrel was also .222 Rem
Since I shoot off of a bench and actually wanted to turn this into a switch barrel rifle, presently in 6.5x55, I utilized a single shot follower meant for the short action.
It's worked out fine for my needs.
I did find a single shot, long action follower from Score High but found that didn't fit the mag well. And yes, the divider was removed.

Brian

Stephen Cohen
04-23-2021, 06:54 AM
For all the time, trouble and expense, wouldn't it be easier to just trade it off on a .308?

Yes it would if a replacement was cheaper and meant as much as this rifle, it once belonged to a mate who was murdered a little over a year ago. I also have two gunsmith mates who do my work for free. I really like the feel of this rifle but hate the caliber in such a long action. The 222 barrel has done very little work and will go into a Martini cadet when pulled so it will not be wasted. Regards Stephen