PDA

View Full Version : Shot my AR Pistol today.

Idaho45guy
04-22-2021, 01:15 AM
Got a call from my FFL that my new AR pistol lower was ready to pick up so hurried over and got it, along with a couple of boxes of 5.56, and stopped at a gravel pit on the way home to give it a whirl. I had never shot an AR pistol before, but kept hearing how loud they were and how bad the concussion was.

Mine is a Palmetto State Armory rifle. I first bought the upper with a 10.5" barrel and had it sent to me, then bought the lower an it went to the FFL.

Set up my new portable shooting bench and some targets 25 yards away and started getting the Magpul sights set up.

First three shots were a few inches low, but perfectly centered. adjusted and fired three more shots. Half the distance. Adjusted again and perfect. Last three shots were in a half-inch group...

Pretty impressed with that, so fired a 10-shot group at 25 yards to see how it did. It did pretty darn good with just over an inch group.

Now, this has no real practical use for anything other than the zombie apocalypse, or societal collapse and subsequent extreme defensive measures, but it IS fun. Besides, Joe Biden said I don't need one, so I had to have one.

Now just trying to decide how to customize it. Probably end up looking a lot like it's 9mm younger cousin.

Idaho45guy
04-23-2021, 12:24 AM
Got the video of it uploaded to YouTube. Can't hardly hear me due to all the wind, which makes the 1" group all that more impressive with how much the target was moving.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQs4LEfJrUw

Catshooter
04-24-2021, 02:58 AM
Your experience reflects mine. Palmetto makes good stuff.

The AR pistols are much nicer with a good suppressor though. :)

Cat

Lloyd Smale
04-24-2021, 05:08 AM
ive got 6 ar pistols 556 300 bo and 9mm. All palmetto parts guns and all run perfectly. 10.5 isnt to bad in muzzle blast but the 7.5 is a flame thrower of the first degree. Fun though. My favorite is probably my 7in 300 bo. Not nearly as loud and a good cast bullet platform.

Lonegun1894
04-28-2021, 07:17 PM
My 10.5" pistol goes to work with me probably about 1/3 of the time, and the rest of the time I bring an actual rifle. It's actually good to at least 300yds, so you might be pleasantly surprised if you decide to stretch it's range a little bit.