PDA

View Full Version : Nei Mold screws

DeepSouth
04-19-2021, 01:07 PM
I recently purchased a NEI mold the mold is in great shape but it didn't come with any screws to hold it on the handles. I have several Lee and a RCBS mold and none of the screws from them will work. I was going to get one from the hardware store but the screws are counter sunk into the mold and I cant find anything like what should work. Anybody know what type of screw will work or where to source them?

Chill Wills
04-19-2021, 05:09 PM
They may not all be the same. Not sure....
The first NEI mold I grabbed - measured 8-32 with a 5/16th cap head.

Any good hardware store and the big box should have this size made in assorted head configurations.
Stick your mold in your pocket and a TrueValue or ACE hardware in your area should have drawers of loose machine screws to try in your mold.

Maybe this will help.

Conditor22
04-19-2021, 07:22 PM
I'd take the mold to a hardware store and test long bolts to see what the diameter and thread pitch are, Take a little blue tape with you and wrap some around the screw that fits to see how deep the threads are in the mold. Then I would get Internal Hex Socket Cap-Head Cap Screws the right length for the mold.

rancher1913
04-19-2021, 10:20 PM
or -------- you could buy another mold from nei and request some extra screws, you really need another mold, or 10 8-)

Teemu
04-19-2021, 11:15 PM
or -------- you could buy another mold from nei and request some extra screws, you really need another mold, or 10 8-)

I think NEI is gone nowdays....

rancher1913
04-19-2021, 11:48 PM
guess humour is a lost cause around here.

samari46
04-20-2021, 12:25 AM
Besides what Lowe's has hanging on the wall, they do have a bunch of file cabinets for screws. I have an old Lachmiller priming tool. Takes a 10-32 screw. Had none in the house even in my plastic tub of screws,nuts and bolts. Had to get a new door closer for one of the outside doors so added some 10-32 screws, and nuts. Frank

Teemu
04-20-2021, 11:47 PM
guess humour is a lost cause around here.

Hope not...I wasn't fully awake when I wrote that. Need to get at least 2 huge mug of coffee to be alert. So next time I drank those mugs before write...:coffee: