PDA

View Full Version : Merit apertures

Shawlerbrook
04-18-2021, 07:09 AM
Didn’t know where to post this so mods please feel free to move. Read on another site that the Merit Aperture Co., in Schenectady, NY is now back to manufacturing and selling on a limited basis after stopping operation for a few years. No dog in the fight here, but I know many used these in the past and we’re disappointed with the shutdown .

StuBach
04-18-2021, 07:47 AM
If that’s true it’s amazing. I have two of their aperture sites for my 52 and 52D. Very nice accessory to add on. Sadly rubber is disintegrating on one of them so might be nice to replace it down the road.

Mal Paso
04-18-2021, 09:16 PM
http://www.meritcorporation.com/

BJK
04-19-2021, 01:05 PM
I believe that's what I used on my glasses when I was using iron sights, particularly at the indoor range. They work and are worth their weight in gold.

hiram
04-19-2021, 02:26 PM
I used one in high school. It worked well. Many years later I had to replace the rubber disk.

MostlyLeverGuns
04-19-2021, 05:00 PM
Shawlerbrook, Thank you for the update. When I carry a rifle with irons for hunting, I try to remember to swap apertures for one of my Merit ajustables. I think I have a target and a hunting. Went to get another and they were gone. it has been a couple of years.

beemer
04-19-2021, 06:47 PM
I have been looking at the website for a while, they were shut down. After I read your post I checked again, they are back in business. I gave them a call today and I have two hunter adjustable apertures on the way.
They are $60 each shipping included, a nice guy and a quick transaction.

I looked at them for a long time but just didn't do it. I had my eyes done and now am shooting irons again. They are going on a 1949 336A 30-30 and a 1895SS in 45-70 with Williams FP sights. This is going to be fun.

Dave

beemer
04-19-2021, 06:47 PM
OOPs! Somehow I got a double.

Nueces
04-20-2021, 10:52 AM
I can verify that Merit is back in business. I called the number from their site this morning and talked to Ed Grant, who took my order for some SS and ELS shank #4 discs. Said he'd put 'em together and mail today! Price, shipped, is $60. No credit cards, check or MO only.

I told Ed a whole lot of us out here are cheering his return to production.

beemer
04-20-2021, 11:15 AM
I can verify that Merit is back in business. I called the number from their site this morning and talked to Ed Grant, who took my order for some SS and ELS shank #4 discs. Said he'd put 'em together and mail today! Price, shipped, is $60. No credit cards, check or MO only.

I told Ed a whole lot of us out here are cheering his return to production.

He was on the road when I called yesterday, he returned the call as soon as he got back to his shop. He said he would mail mine today also. I told him that I was glad he was back in production and hoped he did well. Seems to be a great guy.

I waited too long last time and decided I was not going to miss that boat again.

StuBach
04-20-2021, 12:16 PM
Noticed they now offer apertures for standard AR irons as well. Might have to invest in one of those to see how it compares with my RRA 600M insert.

Nueces
04-20-2021, 03:17 PM
The first one I bought was for a new Marlin 95 in 45-70, early 70s. Brownell's price was $8.50. Standard LS ones have been going for stupid money on ebay and I had never found an ELS for sale. Yeehah!