PDA

View Full Version : The Best LEO Handgun Qualifcation Course in the USA

Hrfunk
04-17-2021, 03:05 PM
Thanks to all of you who followed this series. Here is the finale.

Howard

https://youtu.be/XzXMsRkxWc8

mdatlanta
04-17-2021, 04:40 PM
Very entertaining and enjoyable. Thank you!

buckwheatpaul
04-17-2021, 07:09 PM
Howard, I truly enjoyed your series. I did miss a few but all that I got to see were top drawer.

Rodfac
04-17-2021, 08:25 PM
Great effort Howard, I've looked forward to reviewing your videos over the past two years. Best of luck on your next endeavor...your videos are well filmed and to the point. You're a good 'presenter' sir. Many thanks, Rod

onelight
04-18-2021, 12:22 AM
Amazing :) you may be the only man in the country that has fired the course for every state .
Very interesting to watch the courses fired with the variety of firearms you used.

smkummer
04-18-2021, 08:40 AM
It’s all good, we learn from each other’s.

Hrfunk
04-18-2021, 02:20 PM
Thanks guys! I’m glad you liked the series and I hope everyone got something out of it.

Howard

rintinglen
04-18-2021, 02:31 PM
Thank you, Howard, very much for these videos. My Personal favorite was the New Hampshire course, in 36 shots it tested a lot, and I particularly like it for CCW use. Running through it with a snubbie, or a compact 9 or 40 auto makes for a useful test of one's ability to use one's off-duty or carry firearm.

My criticism of some of these courses is that whoever designed them must be from a 6 man department, because they are very demanding to administer. I liked the Pennsylvania course as firearms training: it is superior to any of the others in that regard, but as a qualification course, I thought it was a little too busy. "Threat", "No Threat" is great training, especially when you have a handful of shooters, but when you have a dozen or more to run through for monthly, or even quarterly qualification it adds time and complication. Which costs time and money, which there is never enough of in the training budget.:-(

Butler Ford
04-18-2021, 03:49 PM
It has been fun trip watching this eval!

Murphy
04-18-2021, 10:35 PM
Thank you for all your time and effort HRfunk. Hopefully, it's been an eye opener for some, and a lesson to others. Practice, practice, and practice some more when you can. The last thing any officer hopes to do, is resort to their sidearm and having to use it. Lord help those forced into that position.

Murphy

AlaskaMike
04-20-2021, 12:04 AM
I'll just echo all the others here--well done, and thanks for all your time and effort. It's been very interesting following your progression through this series.