PDA

View Full Version : Powder coating for 9mm lead boolits in Glock barrels ?

dubble winger
04-16-2021, 08:12 PM
I may have missed a thread on this subject,but i have looked with no joy, so here goes. Has anybody had experience with powder coating lead boolits in Glock barrels ? Thanks in advance for the help.

LRRifleman
04-16-2021, 10:21 PM
I am in the process of putting together a few thousand PCd bullets for my Glock. I don't have first hand experience; however, for the past few GSSF matches that I've worked, a significant number of shooters have been using PCd bullets with high levels of success.

Garyshome
04-16-2021, 10:53 PM
Get a lone wolf barrel, also gets rid of the bulge.

Smoke4320
04-17-2021, 07:19 AM
I personally have a Glock 21 45acp that has Untold # of pc'ed bullets down it. Plus have many customers shooting PC in glocks.

Sasquatch-1
04-17-2021, 07:43 AM
What do you want to know? I don't know that I will be able to answer your questions but I have a Walther PPQ with polygonal rifling. Very similar to a Glock and I have powder coated for it.

pacomdiver
04-17-2021, 07:47 AM
dubble winger,
search again using the "advanced search" option at top right of page, theres many threads on pc with glocks (6 pages come up) for "glock powder coat"

fcvan
04-17-2021, 09:15 AM
I have shot over 10k of PCd 9MM through my 9MM weapons, including a stock Glock barrel. To be honest, I probably shot more through the 9MM AR15. Unfortunately, I had to take the 'black and fun' guns out of California to my second home in Colorado.

I 'shake and bake' using powder from Prismatic Powder from White, City Oregon. I have not tried Smoke's powder but I have read where folks had tried both and performance was essentially identical.

I never bought at the White City store, but did tour their facility. 6500 samples of their colors are displayed on the wall, baked onto aluminum strips for people to take samples. They also had car rims on display, as well as some ornate AR 15s either powder or cerrocoated. They even had pictures of large military vehicles and farming equipment coated at their facility.

Their prices are reasonable but their shipping is overnight only. For 'in-store' orders I was informed you have to order in advance so they can box it up and have it ready, no in-store orders. I would visit family near White City, but never pre-ordered for pick up.

wrench
04-17-2021, 09:53 AM
I have shot many thousands of home cast powdercoated bullets through my stock Glock barrels. Both 9mm and 45acp.
No problems, no worries.

Adam20
04-17-2021, 10:34 AM
i pc 9mm and shoot in glocks with no issues, i size to .358

Txcowboy52
04-17-2021, 12:12 PM
I changed to a lone wolf barrel and have shot thousands of powder coated bullets in .40 cal.

Eddie17
04-17-2021, 03:26 PM
I do the the same, PC with smokes powder. No problems in Glock Factory barrels.
My 2 cents!

ioon44
04-18-2021, 08:43 AM
What do you want to know? I don't know that I will be able to answer your questions but I have a Walther PPQ with polygonal rifling. Very similar to a Glock and I have powder coated for it.

What most people miss is that the Glock is not actually polygonal rifling but a Ballard style rifling, the Walther PPQ is true polygonal rifling. I have both guns and it is easy to see the difference and I shoot Hi-tek coated out of both styles with out any problems, correct sizing and proper loading is a must.

MOshooter
04-24-2021, 12:00 AM
Get a lone wolf barrel, also gets rid of the bulge.

This is what I did with my model 23
I actually bought a 40 S&W and a 9mm barrel to shoot cast. Normally for carry I put the original Glock polygonal barrel for factory jacketed loads.

autogun
04-24-2021, 09:30 AM
I shoot pc'ed projectiles out of glock 9's, 40's and 45's. No problem. I also shoot lead w/o problems but I clean the barrels after every range trip.