PDA

View Full Version : Norinco 1897

rockrat
04-14-2021, 10:44 AM
Recently sold one to a member here. Unfortunately, my firefox updated itself and when I opend up CB my log-in was gone. Couldn't find my log-in information, so had to re-register with a different name and email. Had to change email also as my former email provider went belly up I guess as I cannot log in to my old email account either.

Tried to either get my password or a way to re-set my log-in info from the powers that be, but I guess all they could do was activate my new account.

Forward to now, I received the check and should get the item shipped by Friday at the latest.

C.T. you can contact me using my new "nom-de-plume". Just like my old one but a "78" added to the end.

Dang, lost my 4400 posts,avatar and contributor banner in one fell swoop!!!

Joe504
04-14-2021, 11:26 AM
Who was your old provider? There may be a way to get access to the old email address.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

alamogunr
04-14-2021, 12:59 PM
If you knew your log in name, you can usually just change your password. Have to jump thru a couple of hoops for security, but easier than the alternative.

A security and maintenance program decided to delete some of my information including bookmarks & saved logins. Since my user name is the same on most of them, I just clicked on "forgot your password" and followed the directions for a new password. None of this applies to any sites that involve finance or health.

rockrat
04-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Changing the password, the link is sent to my old out of service email, which was just a local service provider.