PDA

View Full Version : Hank to the rescue

Thumbcocker
04-12-2021, 07:45 PM
Mrs.Thumbcocker and I were assembling our new log splitter. The person who wrote the instructions had a real sense of humor.

Once the wheels and tongue are assembled one is supposed to "stand the beam into the vertical position " then you just push tha wheel assembly over and bolt it on.

We are talking about 4.5 inch cylinder on a steel I beam with other steel hardware mounted on in. I tried to lift it . Not happening. So Hank volunteered to help.

Hank is a 1965 Ford 4000. He is pretty agreeable and usually willing to help. Since I put an electronic ignition module in him he starts right up. Hank does have one issue. He has a drinking problem. He dearly loves 93 octane. About 2 gallons an hour. Still I am willing to overlook a character defect in a willing worker who pulls his weight.

With Hank helping getting the beam on the carrier was no problem. https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20210412/c938d2fa17f7b185da542072b2812fbe.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

jimlj
04-12-2021, 08:05 PM
When I first saw the picture I thought Hank was pushing the building over. If the building is leaning as bad as it looks in the picture, I'd let Hank have his way with it.

Thumbcocker
04-12-2021, 08:21 PM
Garage is fine. Camera makes garage look wonky.

Mal Paso
04-12-2021, 08:27 PM
When I first saw the picture I thought Hank was pushing the building over. If the building is leaning as bad as it looks in the picture, I'd let Hank have his way with it.

I think it's a wide angle lens and perspective. The horizon is higher on the left.

Aren't tractors Wonderful?

jimlj
04-13-2021, 11:48 PM
Garage is fine. Camera makes garage look wonky.

I hoped that was the case. A couple years ago we had a hay shed on the ranch that was leaning. We always said "one more year". One day a couple guys were working on some equipment getting ready to cut hay. The wind came up and they heard a loud crack. One of the guys grabbed his 5 year old son and made it out the end of the shed, the other was under a tractor when the building came down. After that "Hank" had his way with two other leaning buildings.

Petrol & Powder
04-14-2021, 07:15 AM
Clearly the picture was taken in Central Illinois because the building is leaning to the right. Had that been northern Illinois it would lean to the left. :bigsmyl2:

gumbo333
04-14-2021, 07:37 AM
I have an old Farmall M with a Farmhand loader, 1940. Older than I am. Starts great on 12 volt. It won't burn a gallon an hour on loader work. It likes E-10. I wish I had a little smallish 25 HP tractor/ loader to help out. I'm color blind but most things in my country side have turned green.

Froogal
04-14-2021, 09:38 AM
I have an old Farmall M with a Farmhand loader, 1940. Older than I am. Starts great on 12 volt. It won't burn a gallon an hour on loader work. It likes E-10. I wish I had a little smallish 25 HP tractor/ loader to help out. I'm color blind but most things in my country side have turned green.

Sounds like mine. 1940 M with a Farmhand F-11 loader. I've also got a 1950 H with a McCormick #31 loader. I could survive without the M, but I could not survive without the H.

I also use the E-10. Even tried E-85. The M ran good. The H did not much care for it.

Isaac
04-14-2021, 10:24 AM
Hank is clearly the kind of friend I would love to have. Unfortunately, Senior living communities frown on such associates. ;-)

Isaac

Three44s
04-15-2021, 09:31 AM
Everybody needs a “Hank”!

Three44s