PDA

View Full Version : paypal again

abunaitoo
04-12-2021, 01:36 PM
So now to log in to paypal account, they want a cell number.
No idea when it started.
I just got some money in it, but couldn't log in to get it.
Hard to not use them because from time to time I get things from evilbay.
As far as I know evilbay only uses paypal.
So.........................
Who has everyone here changed to??????

Burnt Fingers
04-12-2021, 01:38 PM
The cell number isn't mandatory.

Pay attention to the requester box.

marlin39a
04-12-2021, 01:46 PM
eBay has quit using PayPal. They now collect the buyers money, and after a couple days, release it to sellers.

BigAlofPa.
04-12-2021, 02:42 PM
There always asking me to update my cell. I just click not now. And log in. I just bought something on ebay the other day. I paid with paypal. They do offer other ways to pay too.

country gent
04-12-2021, 02:48 PM
How many here remember C.O.D.You know where you paid for it when delivered and the delivery company sent it on

Winger Ed.
04-12-2021, 03:01 PM
How many here remember C.O.D.You know where you paid for it when delivered and the delivery company sent it on

That went away when so many UPS drivers were being robbed in the big blue cities.

white eagle
04-12-2021, 03:41 PM
I have had to reset my password and other info
so this must be sporadic updates on intell

JonB_in_Glencoe
04-12-2021, 03:57 PM
There always asking me to update my cell. I just click not now. And log in. I just bought something on ebay the other day. I paid with paypal. They do offer other ways to pay too.

Yep...I get the same thing on my PC, I just click "NOT NOW" at the bottom of the page requesting your cell #.

Omega
04-12-2021, 04:17 PM
The phone number thing is for two factor authentication, many websites are going to it, specially ones that deal with money. You log on with your username and password, then the system sends you a code to enter to get in. It makes it so someone can't hack your password without having physical control of your phone. Some sites use your email, so the thief would have to get your email password too.

Mal Paso
04-12-2021, 11:36 PM
They ask me that too, I won't go there. There is No Cell Service Here. I still can't log into a cc account because it requires cell service. I have explained and they would do nothing so I don't let a foot in the door. They NEVER get my cell.

abunaitoo
04-14-2021, 05:22 PM
What other ways are there to pay on evilbay????
Only thing I see, on most sellers, is paypal or credit card.
I use paypal because I don't want my credit card number all over the place.
They may tell you they don't keep your number, but we're dealing with people.
Most people just cannot help themselves sometimes.