PDA

View Full Version : Firestorm 1911?

rufracer
12-30-2008, 01:18 PM
Anyone have any experience with these. Gunblast.com says they are good guns. They are sold by bersa under license of walther.

S.R.Custom
12-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Huh? It's my understanding that the Firestorm 1911 was made formerly by Llama (excuse me while I puke), and now by Armscor (not bad).

Have you got a link for the Walther connection?

Bullshop
12-30-2008, 03:41 PM
I just got one from AA for $250.00 NIB. I was not expecting much but after examining it I have now adopted it as my own. It seems a well made gun with most of the refinment folks want. It shoots very well indeed if you can master the squishy triger but that is an easy fix. Mine is a duo tone with a stainless or nickle ? bottom and blued top.
I dont know what regular price is on these but for what I have in this one I am well pleased.
BIC/BS

Bullshop
12-30-2008, 04:25 PM
mine says
on the slide - FABRINOR LEGUTIANO (espana)
one the frame - R.S.A. ENT INC
OCEAN NJ
made in Spain
It has Pachmayer type ruber grips that have an F molded in.
I can have Jr. do a pic if you want.
BIC/BS

yondering
12-30-2008, 05:27 PM
I'd like to see a pic, if you have time to post it.

Another 1911 that caught my attention was a High Standard compact (in 45 ACP) that I saw at Cabela's. All the bells and whistles, for $449. Lock up was nice and tight, trigger was good, only thing I wasn't sure about was the bull barrel. I kind of like having a bushing that I can replace when it wears loose.

part_timer
12-30-2008, 11:10 PM
Mine shoots OK as long as your shooting RN. I gave $219 on sale so I guess I can't complain.

Johnch
12-30-2008, 11:28 PM
I tryed one out for just over a week and 500-600 rnds
It was used , but the guy ran less than a box of ball ammo through it and had to sell due to loose of his job

Mine at least shot decent if you feed it ball type bullets , lead or jacketed

I started to get light primer hits
My hammer was soft and after 400- 500 rnds it had flared out and was draging on the slide

I removed the flare with a file and shot it a little more

But I was not happy with a few other minor fit and finish things
So the other night I traded it and some $ for a Howa 300 Win Mag

John