PDA

View Full Version : Molly Fusion

Beekeeper
12-30-2008, 11:12 AM
There is a product offered by a company called Shooters Solutions called Molly fusion.
Company claims it is grease on steriods.
Have some and want to use it on a M95 Steyr bolt.
They are notorious for not opening since they are straight pull.
Has anyone ever had any experience with the product?
Company claims it has been used at Camp Perry for several years.
Don't want to use it if it will screw up the action on the weapon.

survivalists Dad

AzShooter
01-06-2009, 04:21 AM
I've put Moly Fusion on most of my competition guns for the past 10 years with excellent results. Follow the instructions and polish the barrel first with some valve grinding compount, then clean it completely and work in the Moly.

As far as actions go will coat your internal parts and definately help smooth them out. I even did the bolt on one of my Mosin Nagants that was sticky and the problem went away.

It's a good product and does exactly what they say it will do

Bret4207
01-06-2009, 08:58 AM
SD- What is the problem with your 95? I own one and have never had a problem getting it open, in fact I've never heard of them having an issue there at all. Is this with surplus ammo maybe?

Beekeeper
01-07-2009, 10:03 PM
I have 3 of them.
2 bulgarians and 1 hungarian.
I have cleaned and cleaned them,polished the bolts and even changed the extractors.
They are all parts matching.
I still have trouble opening them.
I think part of it is I am used to smooth bolt actions.
I am going to lap the bolts with tooth paste and then put a dab of the moly fusion on the lugs.
I'm told it makes them feel as smooth as a babies butt.
Or al least that is the claim of the people at Shooters Solutions .
They say it is grease on steriods and use sparingly.
I guess it is made for barrels or at least that is their claim to fame for guns.
I have even tried the old trick of cocking by hand before opening the bolt.
I beleive the old tales about soldiers carrying a piece of firewood to beat the bolt open.