PDA

View Full Version : TC Encore Fox Ridge barrels any good, value?

NSB
04-09-2021, 08:55 AM
I’ve got a chance to pick up a couple of TC Encore Fox Ridge barrels and don’t know much about them. Are they good barrels? Any idea of what they’re value is? One’s blue 24” and one’s stainless 24”, both are factory standard taper. Both are in very good condition. Comments?

kaiser
04-09-2021, 10:57 AM
I’ve owned 3 in the past, and all were decent performers. I personally prefer them to any other brand for their weight, contour, , and accuracy. I understand they have been out of production for quite some time, and was considered T.C.’s custom shop.

quilbilly
04-09-2021, 03:04 PM
I have several from years past and I really miss that outfit. Their barrels were excellent and I believe they were the T/C custom shop as well as the mail order outfit. Fox Ridge and T/C were in the same town if memory serves. All the barrels I got from them had excellent bluing compared to later T/C barrels from the factory. They also did muzzleloading barrels as well. They did so many caliber barrels for the Contenders that they were horrible enablers for those of us with the addiction. I did get a custom 18" Encore barrel made for me in 250/3000 by Fox Ridge just before the outfit went away and it is close to the most accurate barrel I have with CB's.

GARD72977
04-09-2021, 04:51 PM
It really depends on caliber.

stubshaft
04-10-2021, 10:32 PM
I have had at least 18 barrels from Fox Ridge including 9 I had commissioned them to make for me. They were the "custom: side of T/C's house and only stopped production after a fire destroyed their factory. Until their demise the only competitor that could compete with them was Bullberry.

BBMF1
04-11-2021, 02:13 AM
G'day from Downunder[smilie=s:

G'day All , I own a couple of these barrels from Foxridge and find them equal to the other barrels from Bullberry and MGM that I own I use them for Silhouette and they all do the job perfectly

Regards Paul :smile:

GARD72977
04-11-2021, 08:36 AM
I have had at least 18 barrels from Fox Ridge including 9 I had commissioned them to make for me. They were the "custom: side of T/C's house and only stopped production after a fire destroyed their factory. Until their demise the only competitor that could compete with them was Bullberry.

Virgin Valley was a much higher quality barrel.