PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a Trim-It II on a Drill Press

Rfeustel
04-08-2021, 05:28 PM
Hi,

I saw the Trim-It II case trimmer and was intrigued. Is anyone using it in a drill press? It seems off balance from the videos I saw, and wondered if that is a problem for a drill press that uses a tapered spindle. I’m not a machinist, and shouldn’t be allowed near a drill press but I happen to have one.

Thanks

bimus
04-08-2021, 08:18 PM
I have used a drill press for trimming brass and turning the necks on making 308 brass and 7mm08 from 30-06 and I'm happy with it .

RedlegEd
04-08-2021, 10:11 PM
Hi,

I saw the Trim-It II case trimmer and was intrigued. Is anyone using it in a drill press? It seems off balance from the videos I saw, and wondered if that is a problem for a drill press that uses a tapered spindle. I’m not a machinist, and shouldn’t be allowed near a drill press but I happen to have one.

Thanks
Hi.
I use the Giraud Tri-way trimmer for .30-06 with my drill press, and I can tell you nothing beats it for accuracy and ease of use. The Tri-way is almost identical to the Trim-It II , so I imagine that it would be the same. The only requirement is that you must properly sized your brass before trimming as either model indexes off the shoulder. Here's a video showing how it works.
Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F71YjU9Pf6o

Rfeustel
04-09-2021, 02:09 AM
Hi.
I use the Giraud Tri-way trimmer for .30-06 with my drill press, and I can tell you nothing beats it for accuracy and ease of use. The Tri-way is almost identical to the Trim-It II , so I imagine that it would be the same. The only requirement is that you must properly sized your brass before trimming as either model indexes off the shoulder. Here's a video showing how it works.
Ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F71YjU9Pf6o

Thanks, red leg. Much appreciated. I have a Giraurd I may put on eBay. I’m sort of converging on the drill press option when I’m not trimming on an auto press. Good to hear the tri way cutter works without breaking the drill press.