PDA

View Full Version : Some old tools I found

abunaitoo
04-08-2021, 05:57 AM
Forgot I had these.
Found them today looking for something that I never found.
Lyman Ideal 12GA crimper.

Pacific powder measure

RCBS auto prime feed

Green Frog
04-08-2021, 10:09 AM
albunaitoo, your filing system must resemble mine. I buy something that looks very cool at the moment, then immediately stash it away and forget where I put it. Of course this means I get the thrill of discovery again when it re-emerges from the clutter. Win-win! :mrgreen:

Do you have plans for that Pacific Measure-Kit? Have you used it already? I’m curious as to how well it works and what degree of accuracy it offers. I’ve seen them in old catalogs and wondered how about their usefulness on the shooting bench. The only time I’ve personally seen one was when a friend showed up at one of my Schuetzen matches here and used it during the event. I was so busy running the match that I didn’t really get to check it out very thoroughly. [smilie=w:

Functionally the Measure-Kit is very reminiscent to the black powder measuring flasks of the late 1800s. It looks like once you got it adjusted (with a scale preferably) and locked correctly that it should be quite accurate, sort of like a stripped down version of the Belding and Mull, too. Of course the fact that it fit the old metal powder cans that were common in those days would also be a plus. :)

Regards,
Froggie

onelight
04-08-2021, 10:32 AM
Nice find :)
Have the box and instructions for the crimper great.

Rich/WIS
04-08-2021, 01:35 PM
Have an old Pacific measure like that that I bought solely for the "cool" factor. Tried it with 7635 and the one setting I tested was right on the money.

abunaitoo
04-09-2021, 04:36 AM
That is me. But something that looks old, cool and different.
Take it home.
Put it away and forget about it.
Just to much stuff.
Haven't tried it, and it looks like it's never been used.
I have the bench model of it too.
It works great.
I like it better than the B&M.
But unlike the B&M with the spring, the Pacific has no spring.
So if not paying attention, powder all over the place.
Don't ask how I know that.

mazo kid
04-11-2021, 01:05 PM
I have the Lyman set of 12 ga. tools, no box though. A friend sent me photos of the instructions so I am good to go.