PDA

View Full Version : 1917 Daisy no 25 main spring

Ron in PA
04-05-2021, 09:39 PM
Hi all
Does Daisy make springs for older no 25 pump. Thanks Ron.

Winger Ed.
04-05-2021, 09:53 PM
Ya need to find a repair place that works on them.
They might know which new gun's spring will fit, or can be made to fit.

As far as the factory knowing anything about the old ones, I doubt they'd have any info on it.
I've found it's like calling the local car dealership and asking for parts on a 1930's era vehicle. They only know about new stuff.

Bent Ramrod
04-09-2021, 10:27 AM
When they were in Arkansas, I called them about repairing my boyhood Model 25 pump. They said, sure, just send it along.

Subsequent questioning revealed that they weren’t going to repair my 25 and send it back to me. Instead, they threw the incoming junkers onto a pile they had in their warehouse. Repair people would pick the junkers off the pile at random, refurbish and store the fixed-up ones in a stockpile and send them off as the repair orders came in.

Sort of like when you take your welding tanks to the supply place. They take your tanks and give you somebody else’s tanks, already refilled.

It was totally irrational, but I guess I didn’t like my long-gone boyhood dismissed into anonymity like that, so I passed on the repair.

roysha
04-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Is this rifle blued or painted?

Ron in PA
04-10-2021, 10:13 PM
Thanks all, I got a spring from a friend's dad's old tool box. It was very rusty but it worked. The gun is blued finished. Thanks Ron.

too many things
04-10-2021, 10:37 PM
have some there were 2 types the flat round was not good. most broke, the round coil is best
blue ones were most likely Plymouth MI