PDA

View Full Version : youtube video Hog Ball 12ga double ball load

GoodOlBoy
04-02-2021, 12:27 AM
Dad sent this to me not long ago, one of many on the web and youtube. I know there is a post about this very thing recently, but not wanting to take over the post I thought I would just create a new one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r56sQYTGffM

I know their farthest shot in the video is only 50 yards, but it is a nice short video, and I liked it.

Hope you enjoy, and God Bless.

Richard

John Wayne
04-02-2021, 08:10 AM
That was fun! Should do the job on hawgs. Sure is flat country in the video.

longbow
04-02-2021, 11:56 AM
Yes good video! Not a lot of spread balls.

I wonder if it is easier to keep tighter patterns with two ball than Tri-Ball.

I tried some two ball loads about a year ago and they shot not bad but I had wad failures using CSD wads.

I'll have to get some of the wads James Gates recommended for Tri-Ball loads.

I'd think two ball or Tri-Ball loads would be effective bear stoppers which is one of my goals.

As effective or more effective than a full bore ball or slug?

Longbow

GoodOlBoy
04-04-2021, 11:50 PM
I have some Herter's factory loaded 2-ball 20 gauge I picked up back when and just never got to test. I had intended back then to test them on deer, but things happened.

I like that the guys in the video are pretty upbeat about everything. Some shooting and custom load videos either get stupid, or a little dark; and these guys were just responsible and up.

God Bless

GoodOlBoy

missionary5155
04-05-2021, 08:12 AM
That was a good load ! 12 gauge payload from a 20 and very accurate.
Two years ago the load would have been published. Velocity included.

Blood Trail
04-13-2021, 02:30 PM
I have some Herter's factory loaded 2-ball 20 gauge I picked up back when and just never got to test. I had intended back then to test them on deer, but things happened.

I like that the guys in the video are pretty upbeat about everything. Some shooting and custom load videos either get stupid, or a little dark; and these guys were just responsible and up.

God Bless

GoodOlBoy

I have those loads by herter’s. The problem with them is that the wad isn’t slit so the balls tumbled in the wad during flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk