PDA

View Full Version : That feeling of despair that you get...

bakerjw
04-01-2021, 06:30 AM
When you find primers in stock at a not so bad price only to realize that it is an Australian or Canadian website...
:(

john.k
04-01-2021, 07:15 AM
Cleaver Firearms at Margate ....around A$220 for 5,000 Winchester ,LR or SR.

3leggedturtle
04-01-2021, 02:30 PM
John K, is 222 rimmed still easy to get there?

RogerDat
04-01-2021, 04:06 PM
Think of it this way. That means that eventually there is hope since the primer shortage is induced by our buying up all the stock rather than manufacturing being offline leading to a shortage that will persist until factory gets fixed or supply chain can ramp back up.

john.k
04-01-2021, 05:26 PM
3LT...222 rimmed brass is made by Bertram in Melbourne......Im sure he has an agent in the US ,as apparently 80% of his production is exported to the US.

Handloader109
04-01-2021, 08:47 PM
Heck, I thought it was now illegal to have a gun in Australia.... Send those primers to where they can be used!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Jim22
04-01-2021, 08:56 PM
My advice is this: Check US suppliers daily - or more often. I recently found Norma 202 and IMR 4227 in stock. I ordered two lbs of each. The N202 arrived today. The 4227 is supposed to come in tomorrow. It takes patience to go thru some sites to find what's available but it's worth it. My orders are for two lbs of each to leave some for others. Learn to deal with supplies that are difficult to find. Your time is well served.

Blanket
04-01-2021, 09:05 PM
no despair here, was smart enough to take care of my needs before it was needed. Sorry if for what ever excuse you have for not doing the same then everything is available on Gun broker and the prices are what they are

Beaverhunter2
04-01-2021, 11:20 PM
john k. - You're killing me!

I had the same experience today with a .ca website.

I have enough for now but I'm trying to help out friends that didn't prepare as well. One thought he was good with 200 LR and 400 SP on his reloading shelf back in December. I thought he was going to break out in tears of gratitude two weeks ago when I sold him a brick of Fed210s for my cost- $31.80 including sales tax. I told him to use them wisely- the well is dry.

Be safe!

John

lksmith
04-04-2021, 08:49 AM
no despair here, was smart enough to take care of my needs before it was needed. Sorry if for what ever excuse you have for not doing the same then everything is available on Gun broker and the prices are what they are

I used to buy 5k of each size each year whenever I got my birthday coupon from midway, but then i got so busy that my shooting and therefore loading went down dramatically to nearly nothing. I'm still sitting on about 1k each of tulammo primers from a few years ago. Between job changes, baby, school and building my house in my "spare time" I probably haven't shot more than a couple hundred rounds all year

Bad Ass Wallace
04-04-2021, 07:14 PM
I bought 2 cartons of CCI primers last week for $90ea from my local gun store. Being away from the big city he has no powder, primers, and about 8 boxes of Barnes boolits left. For his 'good' customers, I make PC'd boolits as a trade off for when reloading supplies become available again.

One customer shoots wild pigs on his property with a 223Rem loaded to 2,700fps. I haven't seen one but he claims these cast boolits kill like the "hammer of thor" at 60-70yds.

https://i.imgur.com/Gc8Va4u.jpg