PDA

View Full Version : WTB - Colt 1917 Original Grips and Lanyard Ring

Hanzy4200
03-31-2021, 06:40 PM
CLOSED Picked up a Colt 1917 in .45 acp at a auction for $350. I believe the reason I got it for this price, was the heinous black target grips someone added to it. It has probably 90% original finish. Very eager to get her back the way she's supposed to be.

Der Gebirgsjager
03-31-2021, 07:37 PM
I've tried to get the smooth issue wooden grips for mine for years without success. It is rare to see originals for sale in good condition, but sometimes you see replicas. They're usually very expensive. I had to settle for replica grips made from black plastic which simulate back hard rubber of the New Service commercial models. They're easy to find on the internet. I was successful in replacing the missing lanyard swivels. I believe I got them from Gun Parts Corp., and they were originals. If you do a diligent search and want to pay for them I think you can find replica wooden grips.

Click to enlarge.

DG

Hanzy4200
03-31-2021, 07:45 PM
I've tried to get the smooth issue wooden grips for mine for years without success. It is rare to see originals for sale in good condition, but sometimes you see replicas. They're usually very expensive. I had to settle for replica grips made from black plastic which simulate back hard rubber of the New Service commercial models. They're easy to find on the internet. I was successful in replacing the missing lanyard swivels. I believe I got them from Gun Parts Corp., and they were originals. If you do a diligent search and want to pay for them I think you can find replica wooden grips.

Click to enlarge.

DG

Yea, I've seen the replica's already. Looks like around $40-$60. I was really hoping for originals. I didn't realize they were that hard to come by. I'll likely end up getting those. Somewhere out there, there's a crusty old man suffering from early dementia, with the grips I need on a cluttered gun show table.