PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, Mar. 28

Pine Baron
03-28-2021, 06:29 AM
Good morning all. This is a special day for me. Not only is this the first day of Holy week, but also my eldest 43rd birthday. I am richly blessed and humbly grateful for God's mercy. Have a safe and blessed day.

The Triumphal Entry
Matthew 21: 1-11
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+21%3A+1-11&version=NKJV

Hagee Ministries

Matthew 21 sets the scene where Jesus enters the city in fulfillment of the Old Testament prophecy. As we read in the text, we see that Jesus enters the city in an unexpected way…on a donkey. While unexpected to us, in the ancient Middle Eastern world this carried great meaning. In their culture, the donkey signified that Jesus was entering in peace rather than on a stallion that would have signified He was ready for war. It fulfilled a prophecy from Zechariah saying that the Messianic King would come mounted on a donkey and a colt. While Jesus could have entered in on a great stallion to signify His magnificence, instead He chose to humble Himself and show what He truly came for, to bring peace. In Isaiah 9:6, we're reminded that Jesus is our "Prince of Peace." So, what does that mean for us? It means that in whatever circumstance we face today, Jesus not only has peace, but He IS our peace. As we open our hearts to Him, He can flood our hearts with peace today.

USMC87
03-28-2021, 09:28 AM
Amen, Our Lord and Savior be praised!

Boaz
03-29-2021, 10:07 AM
He was still teaching us as he rode to his death .

ioon44
03-30-2021, 09:45 AM
And He will return on a great stallion, Revevelation Ch 19 starting with Verse 11.