PDA

View Full Version : 3" Federal Plastic Basewad hulls from BPI

DKG
03-27-2021, 08:55 PM
So I bought a bag of these hulls to try thinking my BPI manuals would have more data than they do. Are they the same as what Federal calls their "3 inch one piece plastic case" or does anyone have a lead on some loads for them (prefer buffered for buckshot/turkey loads). I currently have blue dot, longshot and IMR Blue for powders that would work.

megasupermagnum
03-27-2021, 09:39 PM
Yes, they are the same as the federal once piece, AKA .090" basewad, AKA plastic base hunting hull. Federal made two types of 3" 12 gauge hulls. A paper base, and a plastic base, which makes things simple.

BPI's lack of data is my single biggest beef with them. They are trying to sell our country out to inferior foreign components by purposefully not providing data for the good quality components like Federal hulls. The Lyman manual has loads that you seek.

tomme boy
03-28-2021, 12:59 AM
Not sure if They are the same as the buckshot hulls, but they more room than the normal gm design hulls. I have a few from last year that they used in a 3" buckshot hull. They are close but not the same. I also have them in two different brass heights. One a low brass 3" and a sort of medium length brass. They are dished out around the primer like the old active hulls