PDA

View Full Version : Hogue Monogrips

Jack Stanley
12-28-2008, 10:20 PM
I know that Hogue is still making the rubber cushy grip that many like . What is disappointing is that I cannot find one of the older nylon mongrips for an "N" frame Smith .
Since I don't fool with revolvers much anymore I'm really out of touch with the aftermarket stuff for them . Is there a grip that is much like the Hogue but hard like the old nylon , or by chance does anyone have an unused hard nylon grip complete ?

S.R.Custom
12-29-2008, 02:15 AM
From the Hogue website:

Monogrips made from Nylon are another Hogue exclusive. True to our high quality standards, Hogue is the only maker to offer handgun stocks made from this solid material. In addition to the advantages of the Monogrip, unique features of a nylon grip are high strength and durability, and the property of being able to be worked like wood allowing a user to customize their own grip. Nylon grips do not telegraph the location of a concealed handgun. These features make Nylon Monogrips an excellent choice for law enforcement. Because Nylon grips have specialized uses, only selected models are available in nylon.

Call 'em and find out if they have yours. (I'm guessing they do; the nylon grips were pretty popular on the K, L, & N frames for quite a while. I've got a couple of each in N & K frame, and you'd have to come up with quite a bit of coin to get 'em away from me. My brother has one he got with an old hard-chrome plated Smith Model 25 that is white, the only one like it I've seen.)

"Contact Hogue Grips TOLL-FREE at 1-800-GET-GRIP "

Jack Stanley
12-29-2008, 10:03 PM
Thank you , that is a start .

Jack

Bret4207
12-30-2008, 09:05 AM
I had a nice set of Houges on my duty M-681. Loved them, till the nylon strap thingy that holds the grip to the gun chipped and the chip caused the hammer stirrup to become disconnected. Thats a bad thing to happen to a duty gun.

S.R.Custom
12-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Nylon? When was this? All I've ever seen have been steel... :?:

Bret4207
12-31-2008, 08:41 AM
Would have been shortly after 1987 when I came on. The grips may have been 5-10 years older since I have no clue where I got them.

12-31-2008, 09:50 AM
I started in '76 and had them soon after hiting the street. They were great. Never had a failure as described above. Found them to be very durable. The hard nylon was easy to maintain.

scrapcan
12-31-2008, 11:24 AM
Jack,

You could also take a look at the wood monogrip. I have the soft rubber overmold type and would rather have the nylon or wood grip for the k-frame I have. my grip has a steel stirrup tha fits over the grip pins (for lack of correct terminology, sorry).

Heavy lead
12-31-2008, 11:51 AM
I use the Hogue wood monogrips, but my favorite are the Badger grips, which are two piece, I simply dispise a soft rubber grip or a sharply checkered grip. Another one to consider, but they are heavy is a corian grip from Badger, very smooth, very handfilling, it really tames a heavy recoiling handgun right down. I like the revolver to roll in my hands, some will disagree, but IME if the revolver, regardless of make rolls I will be dead on.

Jack Stanley
12-31-2008, 10:04 PM
The only nylon grips I have ever seen have had the metal stirrup . Perhaps I'll look for a wood grip if a nylon one doesn't turn up . The last one I saw for sale was about when the soft grips showed up .

Jack

Dave Berryhill
01-01-2009, 07:54 PM
Round or square butt? I may be wrong but I think the round butt K-frame grip will work on a round butt N-frame.

S.R.Custom
01-01-2009, 11:12 PM
Round or square butt? I may be wrong but I think the round butt K-frame grip will work on a round butt N-frame.

Sort of. The lengths and the frame shape itself is close enough, but the rake angle of the grip frame is quate a bit different. The K-frame grip will work, but it's obviously wrong in its appearance.

Jack Stanley
01-04-2009, 11:20 AM
I'm looking for a grip to fit the square butt "N" frame .

Jack