PDA

View Full Version : FEMA Paying for Covid Funerals

Handloader109
03-25-2021, 11:04 AM
Just saw on Fox (yeah, I know) that FEMA is now starting to take applications for those folks who had a loved one (or otherwise family member) who died from, or at least the death certificate mentioned Covid19 as a possibility.
So if you had a family member die in 2020 and the death certificate mentioned Covid, you can possibly get up to $9K repaid. Form on FEMA site and if more than one person paid, they will take co-payers.
I'm not about to say I like this or even condone, but if any of you guys lost folks and was even semi covid related, here's some more federal 'help'.

Handloader109
03-25-2021, 11:06 AM
I'm sorry, I will remove my rant at the end as I put this out here as there may be several of you fellow casters that CAN use a payment for a death last year and was why I posted it in OUR TOWN.

bedbugbilly
03-26-2021, 11:21 AM
I may get slammed for this . . . but so be it.

I had friends who died from COVID. I know people who had friends who died from COVID. My nieces lost both their grandfather and grandmother from COVID. Many had family lemurs die from COVID. And we alll know that it came from China.

HOWEVER . . . . COVID or no COVID . . . death is a part of life and it is not a planned thing . . . it happens. If there had been no COVID . . . and your loved one passed . . . . who would pay for the funeral? The family would be responsible for it. Yea . . . I know . . . . some people can't afford a funeral . . . but as an individual who has had to make funeral arrangements a number of times . . . . and anyone who has ever had to do the same . . . there is a lot of attempted "upselling" at the time and it ends up costing them thousands more than necessary. So my first question would be . . . is someone who paid 10K for a funeral be entitled to more than a family who chose a 2K cremation?

But even more important . . . since when is the government responsible for the burial of a loved one other than in the c case of a castrophe where it is necessary - such as an earthquake, mass flood, etc. Years ago, it was established that Social Security would pay a "death benefit" - IIRC, it is $250 - an individual is entitled to it if single and if a married couple - it is only paid on one - either the wife or the husband.

While I have all the sympathy in the world for those who lost loved ones . . . and nobody asked for the China Virus . . . this is nothing more than another "political move" on the part of the Left . . . in essence, another way to "buy votes". FEMA is a government agency that was formed to react to emergencies . . . hmmm . . . it has been sent to the border . . . but I thought the Left said that there is no emergency there?

WE, THE PEOPLE - the taxpaying citizens . . . are the Gourmet yet the politicians seem to think that we work for them instead of the other way around . . . and they spend their money like a drunken sailor in a house of ill repute. If someone can't afford medical bills when baby is born . . who pays for it? We all do. If (and not in all cases) a couple choses not to use birth control and then don't want the baby . . . who pays for the abortion if they go that route such as Planned Parenthood? We all do. If someone refuses to work . . . or let[s look at the situation on the border now thanks to Biden and his mob . . . who pays for it? We all do. And yes, it is very sad and unfortunate that so many perished from COVID . . . . . but when does it become the responsibility for each individual to take responsibility for themselves? Now they want all of us to pay for death as well? Are we to the point where the working taxpayer citizen is no responsible for paying for the entire cycle of life?

Yes . . . there will always be some who need a helping hand, but by in large, everyone is an individual with free will and the ability to make choices. Along with that comes taking responsibility for oneself. If you need a car . . . you find a way to work and pay for it. If you kid needs shoes, you find a way to work and pay for it. While some "choose" to not think about it, we are all going to die sometime and it is our own responsibility to plan for that just like you plan for buying a car, shoes, a house or anything else. You make arrangements . . . buy life insurance to pay for final costs if necessary . . . you purchase a burial plot, select a headstone or marker if that is what you want - yea . . the government will supply a stone or plaque if you are a Veteran . . but let's not forget - you "worked and earned it". If you choose to be cremated - that is your choice and you make arrangements for it and insure that it will be paid for.j

I get so sick and tired about hearing of the "free money" of the stimulation checks, free this, free that . . . nothing in this life is free . . somebody has to pay for it and in the case of all of these "free money", "free burial", "free whatever" . . . it is not the government's money that is paying for it . . . IT IS THE HARD EARNED TAX DOLLAR OF THE AMERICAN CITIZENS. Now the Left wants to add trillions more to their infrastructure funding . . . .. our great great great great grandchildren will still be paying for all of this . . . if there is a country left when these "drunken sailor politicians" ever get done spending "our money".

Handloader109
03-26-2021, 11:28 AM
bedbugbilly, this is why I removed MY comments. I started down the same track as you. While I Can't stand government waste and them getting in OUR life, I posted as there ARE folks here that lost family and scraped up enough to bury them and if they NEED the money back, FEMA is handing out more money. Yes, dying is a PART of life and we all should prepare for it and not be a burden on our family.
TANSTAAFL
I learned that in High School Government class. Obviously they don't teach the class any more, any where.