PDA

View Full Version : having trouble with lee C312-160-1R

everybodydiesintime
03-24-2021, 08:59 PM
Ok,so my boolits look great how they fall from the mold.I am water quenching them, then powder coating. However after powder coating the gas checks are hard to get on(square up and fully seat).If i don't powder coat they go on easy peezy. So then comes the question should I powder coat after checks are installed?or powder coat then case lube with 1 part lanolin oil 9 parts alcohol befor installing gas checks?I'd like to have checked pc'd boolits when i'm all done.

Remiel
03-24-2021, 09:26 PM
Ok,so my boolits look great how they fall from the mold.I am water quenching them, then powder coating. However after powder coating the gas checks are hard to get on(square up and fully seat).If i don't powder coat they go on easy peezy. So then comes the question should I powder coat after checks are installed?or powder coat then case lube with 1 part lanolin oil 9 parts alcohol befor installing gas checks?I'd like to have checked pc'd boolits when i'm all done.Noe makes a gas check seater for this reason, check out full lead tacos video on it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Remiel
03-24-2021, 09:28 PM
https://youtu.be/Wwaw0kqNJRY

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Bloodman14
03-24-2021, 10:22 PM
Install gas check, powder coat and then final size. That's my process.

everybodydiesintime
03-24-2021, 10:36 PM
I will deff check out full leads video on the check seater. blood man thanks for the input i was worried the pc after check would be wrong for some reason.they deff look better checked after pc but whatever works.

LAGS
03-25-2021, 12:20 AM
I take my Boolits and set them in a Washer that the hole fits the GC groove.
Then I ESPC (spray) the Boolits with my HF powder coat gun.
The powder coat does not get on the base of the Boolits.
I bake the Boolits standing in the washers
So then it is easy to install and crimp the GC like it is a bare Boolits.
If I Dry Tumble the PC on the Boolits with GC's , I install the GC's first

everybodydiesintime
04-15-2021, 05:05 PM
Ok,so I have now gotten the time to cast more boolits,seat checks,powder coat,load and even shoot.and special thanks goes out to the boolits members that told me the way.I'm hitting the targets and plinkin my 303 for penny's now!