PDA

View Full Version : Scored a bit of 22 ammo.

Bazoo
03-24-2021, 08:10 PM
With other threads about the price gouging and inflation that's running rampant, figured I'd let y'all in on my small score.

Locally here I found 4 boxes of 22 stingers, and 4 boxes of Armscor 22 LR at regular prices. Some at academy and some at rural king. Still a bunch more of the Armscor so we are planning in a trip in the AM to see if we can score again.

I never turn down the chance to buy 22 cause we all shoot it. Glad for the chance to get what we did and glad the store has a two box limit to keep the gougers at bay.

BigAlofPa.
03-24-2021, 08:42 PM
Awesome! Walmart had some today too.

remy3424
03-24-2021, 09:17 PM
So, you folks just get started in shooting or way are you buying now? I find it amazing how many can't prepare when the signs this was coming were like a 1000 ten foot tall blinking neon ones. Congrats on that find, it must be very special to now have some. Now go burn them up or sell them for triple you paid. The sooner people quit buying the sooner prices and availability will go back to normal, at least that is what Mr Obvious recently told me. Build your stock when things are plentiful and in stock...I love sale prices!

Tripplebeards
03-24-2021, 09:20 PM
I was given 2 and half boxes of 30-30 federal ammo yesterday. I don’t own a 30-30. At the rate things are going I probably could make a house payment pawning them off.

Bazoo
03-24-2021, 09:57 PM
Why am i buying now? Cause i still shoot 22s. I haven't changed my habits, I buy 22s when I have the money and find them, same as before the shortage. I have a small stock built up since I started over 5 years ago at the end of the last shortage. I started stocking 22s even before I bought a 22 rifle again.

I'm considering that things might not ever go back to normal. Could be gun control turns into a civil war, then I'll be darn happy I went back to town for that extra 2 boxes. Maybe things will go back to normal and I'll keep buying all I can afford.

I hear tell you can scalp 30-30 for $50 a box. I ain't scalped any though, it just doesn't feel right.

On that note, The other day I was at the store and they had 30-30 and the woman asked if I wanted some. I thought it over, and told her "no, I load 30-30, I'll leave it for someone that needs it". She was shocked.

Gator 45/70
03-25-2021, 02:32 PM
Ran into a bunch of 22 mags of all things,Subsonic 1060 fps 45 grain. HP's Winchester brand.

I bought several box's to say the least

Bazoo
03-25-2021, 03:19 PM
I went back today and bought 4 more boxes. The clerk said there was maybe a weeks worth, so I'll be going back daily.

Bull-Moose
03-25-2021, 03:40 PM
Nice score. I will be making the usual rounds this weekend.

Tripplebeards
03-25-2021, 05:03 PM
Looks like a good sign that things are probably starting to slow down and come back around

kevin c
03-28-2021, 11:49 AM
Handgun centerfire I reload; others I buy, but not recently since my stock has been sufficient. I've cut into my .22 LR supply, but while in previous shortages it was cheaper for me to cast and load a 9mm round than shoot a .22, the scarcity and price of primers has me rethinking that strategy. I might have to pay full retail, if I can find and buy sufficient quantities.

Bazoo
03-30-2021, 04:22 PM
All in all I got over 2 bricks at normal prices. A brick of armscor 2.99 a box and a brick or Norma tac22 7.99 a box. And 4 boxes of stingers 9.99 a box.

I don’t see how I’m making the shortage worse, those folks that are buying to resale are making it worse. I’m stocking the same as I always do. A new 22 rifle to feed and a son that will shoot someday are my priorities.

kerplode
03-30-2021, 04:29 PM
All in all I got over 2 bricks at normal prices. A brick of armscor 2.99 a box and a brick or Norma tac22 7.99 a box. And 4 boxes of stingers 9.99 a box.

I don’t see how I’m making the shortage worse, those folks that are buying to resale are making it worse. I’m stocking the same as I always do. A new 22 rifle to feed and a son that will shoot someday are my priorities.

Sweet...Nice score.

yeah, just ignore that dude. If you find ammo and you have the cash, buy it. You don't owe anyone an explanation and you certainly ain't hurtin' my feeling any 'cause I'm gonna be doing the same.

Bazoo
03-31-2021, 10:16 PM
Thanks kerplode.

I was up at kygunco the other day and they had 800round bricks for $120. I passed on them.