PDA

View Full Version : Crazy weather!

Freightman
03-17-2021, 10:20 AM
75 yesterday, severe thunderstorm last night, at 4:00 am woke up to thunder, but not rain SNOW, this morning SNOW and 60 mph wind. All this in a 12 hr period .

white eagle
03-17-2021, 10:22 AM
global warming
heads up we only have 11 more years remaining[smilie=w:

Idaho45guy
03-17-2021, 11:02 AM
We call it "Spring" up here... 60 today and tomorrow, chance of snow on Friday.

farmbif
03-17-2021, 11:05 AM
I don't have my hopes up, the grass is starting to grow here on the edge of the smokies and probably as soon as the flowers come out of the peach trees it will freeze real good and destroy the crop once again.

monadnock#5
03-17-2021, 02:01 PM
Moderately warm days and cold nights. No flooding (as long as we don't get rain on frozen ground) and the maple sap gatherers are happy. So far so good.

GOPHER SLAYER
03-17-2021, 02:11 PM
Amarillo has some of the worst weather in all of Texas. My wife and I almost froze one October while trying to take pictures at the big cross. I worked with a man who inherited a 3k acre ranch near there but refuses to live on it. He lives in Thousand Oaks , Ca.

dagger dog
03-18-2021, 08:51 AM
March comes in like a lion :evil:, goes out Like a lamb.:holysheep

Three44s
03-18-2021, 10:29 AM
75 yesterday, severe thunderstorm last night, at 4:00 am woke up to thunder, but not rain SNOW, this morning SNOW and 60 mph wind. All this in a 12 hr period .

Let’s consider the opposite condition:

Do we remember many stretches of reasonable weather?

I do not recall any, ‘cause it’s weather!

Severe T-storms are caused by a serious cold front pushing up against warm air. Once the storm passes you are likely to get the much colder air behind the T-storms if the cold front is moving across your area as opposed to sliding across and away.

In the spring time that cold air mass is likely to bring cold enough temps to creat snow. In the warmer weather it just brings a welcome cool off from even higher temps.

Three44s

Isaac
03-18-2021, 11:05 AM
Same here in Maryland. High 70's - low 80's a day or so last week. Today and tomorrow cold rain that may change to snow tomorrow morning. A few years ago I was doing some October hunting in the mountains of western Maryland. In one day I experienced: rain, sleet, snow, wind, clear sunny skies, dark gray clouds and temperature changes from morning cold to mild to downright cold with windswept rain and sleet. :-)

Isaac

bluebird66
03-18-2021, 01:23 PM
Same here, high around 60 and storms this afternoon. Rain and snow mix in the morning.

10-x
03-19-2021, 08:46 AM
Been high 70’s-80 for last week, front came through with thunder and tornado warning. Today its 50’s and maybe 70 this afternoon, suppose to be back in 80’s end of next week just hope its stays. Pollen has been big problem.

David2011
03-22-2021, 02:18 AM
Amarillo has some of the worst weather in all of Texas.

Probably not confined to being the worst weather just in Texas. The wind is horrible and not a tree in sight to slow it down. Blistering hot summers, massive snow drifts in the winter, rain is infrequent but falls in deluges and located in tornado alley. I lived fairly close in New Mexico. Happy to be back in coastal Texas where we usually only have heat, rain and the occasional hurricane.

Lloyd Smale
03-22-2021, 04:12 AM
yup been a crazy winter. You guys in texas getting hit with snow and us up here with probably the mildest winter in my life. I dont think we got half the snow we usually got. Not even a big snow storm and we usually get a half a dozen of them. Temps were above normal most of the winter too.

smithnframe
03-22-2021, 06:26 AM
Welcome to Texas!

FISH4BUGS
03-22-2021, 06:28 AM

Sure you don't live in New Hampshire? :)
There are 5 seasons here - including MUD season.

JoeJames
03-22-2021, 07:26 AM
About a month ago it got down to three degrees below zero right here in the Arkansas. I am close to 70 and never saw it get that cold before.

10x
03-22-2021, 08:12 AM

There are times we have weather like that in May.
in December, January, February, and march we would welcome nice days like that.

Petrol & Powder
03-22-2021, 08:22 AM
I keep waiting for the media to loudly proclaim in an excited voice that the sudden change from darkness to light that occurs each morning is the result of climate change. :eek:

Every storm is the WORST ever. Every weather event is: historic, unprecedented, never before seen, the biggest in years, disastrous or some other over hyped descriptor.
There's always ominous music in the background with a video montage playing over the shoulder of the announcer.

Every news story about the weather is like a bad trailer for a grade B horror flick.

Randy Bohannon
03-22-2021, 08:56 AM
That’s any Monday through Sunday any time of the years in WY and MT. 10” snow “flurries” 4th of July . 50-80 degree temperature drops in minutes.

10x
03-22-2021, 08:59 AM
I keep waiting for the media to loudly proclaim in an excited voice that the sudden change from darkness to light that occurs each morning is the result of climate change. :eek:

Every storm is the WORST ever. Every weather event is: historic, unprecedented, never before seen, the biggest in years, disastrous or some other over hyped descriptor.
There's always ominous music in the background with a video montage playing over the shoulder of the announcer.

Every news story about the weather is like a bad trailer for a grade B horror flick.

From the movie "the shipping news"

The reporter rushes into the editor/publishers office. the reporter exclaims " We have nothing for a headline, what do we do?"
the publisher/ editor says "Look out the window, what do you see?"
Reporter replies "I see nothing, there is a cloud in the sky"
The editor / publisher says "That is your headline - STORM THREATENS TOWN"
The reporter says "What happens if there is no storm?"
The editor publisher replies, "Then we have a headline for tomorrow "DISASTER AVOIDED..."

And that is how the news media works

JoeJames
03-22-2021, 09:19 AM
From the movie "the shipping news"

The reporter rushes into the editor/publishers office. the reporter exclaims " We have nothing for a headline, what do we do?"
the publisher/ editor says "Look out the window, what do you see?"
Reporter replies "I see nothing, there is a cloud in the sky"
The editor / publisher says "That is your headline - STORM THREATENS TOWN"
The reporter says "What happens if there is no storm?"
The editor publisher replies, "Then we have a headline for tomorrow "DISASTER AVOIDED..."

And that is how the news media worksBTW, it’s a very good book also.