PDA

View Full Version : question on decapping rods

MCK
03-17-2021, 12:36 AM
I'm currently looking for RCBS decapping/expander for p# 11103 .223 small base die set, I've looked a few places and no success so far..saw a few other brands that I know wont fit RCBS but will Redding work with RCBS dies ?

Airborne Falcon
03-17-2021, 01:15 AM
Check with Squirrel Daddy they may have one.

Are you asking if a Redding decapping rod plug insert will fit an RCBS small base resizing die? It's late and I'm half brain dead so I may not be processing this correctly and I probably need to walk outside to my reloading room and check to make sure I am not confusing myself ... but is a RCBS small base die top threaded for plug that would hold a decapping/expander pin/rod?

Heck, it's 1:15 AM here now and I am looking for an umbrella. BRB once I get the alarm systems turned off and the spotlights turned-on.

edp2k
03-17-2021, 01:15 AM
Call RCBS and they will send a replacement.

Airborne Falcon
03-17-2021, 01:39 AM
Call RCBS and they will send a replacement.

It'll take him a month, or more, to get it. They are so backed-up they are not prioritizing warranty claims. They'll get it to him eventually, they just finished inventory the first week of March so they are getting back on track but they are still waaaaaay behind.

I just checked mine ... it never occurred to me before because one of my RCBS small base resizing dies is not threaded for a decapping neck resizing rod/pin ... but my newer two die small base AR Series set is ... Small Base Taper Crimp Die Set - AR Series Model: 11107
UPC: 76683111074

Yep, he'll need to call their customer service and get a replacement but it'll take a month or more to get it. And their customer service department is only taking calls from something like 7AM to 1PM PDT. Hold times are long and their bumper music is irritating.

Sam Sackett
03-17-2021, 11:47 AM
I called RCBS for a couple of deprime / size stems a couple of weeks ago. Received them US mail a couple of days later. I'd call them and see before I try swapping for other brands...

Sam Sackett

MCK
03-23-2021, 06:14 AM
thanks, will call for replacement, I have other means to size em, so I'm not our of comission

MCK
03-23-2021, 06:14 AM
thank ya ��

MCK
03-23-2021, 06:15 AM
good info��

MCK
03-23-2021, 06:16 AM
will do, thanks ��