PDA

View Full Version : Dad's in surgery this morning

richhodg66
03-15-2021, 07:21 AM
My Dad, who is in assisted living a couple of hours away, is having surgery to amputate at least one toe. He's had this recurring infection problem in his feet for a couple of years now, seems he really can't feel it and fortunately my sister caught it during a visit with him soon enough that it wasn't life threatening to him which happenned once before.

I'm going down to sit with him today, sister will be there until then. He's 85 now and has always had a real strong constitution and healed up from things fast, no doubt he'll be back up and running if he wants to be, I just hope this isn't the event that causes him to kind of give up on things. It would really go against his nature, but I can see that happening.

Dad's not an internet guy but is one of the most avid casters, handloaders and shooters/collectors I've ever known, definitely one of us. For anyone so inclined, please add him to your list of prayers this morning.

buckwheatpaul
03-15-2021, 07:30 AM
Father, I come to You to pray for healing, comfort and removal of fears associated with the amputation of one of richhodg66's father. Please be with his medical team as they go about restoring his father back to his family and friends. Father, You are the Great Healer and I pray that You walk with and guide all the people that will do his surgery. AMEN

Keep us posted!

NY_Treeguy
03-15-2021, 07:39 AM
Prayers are with you, Dad, and sister. Speedy recovery.

dverna
03-15-2021, 09:11 AM
Prayers for the family.

Pine Baron
03-15-2021, 09:51 AM
Prayers for healing, strength and comfort. In Jesus name, amen.

USMC87
03-15-2021, 10:16 AM
May God watch over your dad and give guidance to those operating and taking care of him.

Boaz
03-15-2021, 07:47 PM
Father, I come to You to pray for healing, comfort and removal of fears associated with the amputation of one of richhodg66's father. Please be with his medical team as they go about restoring his father back to his family and friends. Father, You are the Great Healer and I pray that You walk with and guide all the people that will do his surgery. AMEN

Thank you Paul ......Amen .

Keep us posted!

Praying for your dad , it's obvious ya'll will take care of him . Prayers for all the family .

tankgunner59
03-15-2021, 10:25 PM
Dear Father in Heaven we come to you humble and contrite to ask your blessing on richhodg66's father. Father, you already know what his father has gone through but you tell us in your Word you desire to hear from us about our petitions. You also tell us where two or three are gathered in your name, there you are also. So we ask that you please lay your healing hand on this gentleman, and please give him a large dose of you peace and comfort. Please go before the doctors and guide them through the surgery. Please help his father to heal completely and to continue to have the constitution he is known to have. We love you Lord, and we trust your will in our lives, and we thank you for being willing to care for us. In the name and by the power of our Lord, your Son, Jesus Christ. Amen.

richhodg66
03-15-2021, 11:11 PM
Well, seems prayers answered, as I was on my way, my sister, who is a medical professional, called and said the surgeon took a closer look at the MRI data and decided not to cut, gonna do the IV drip antibiotics again and likely release him in a couple more days. This one makes several times this recurring infection has happenned, once didn't catch it as quick and he was really on death's door.

I'm happy he didn't have to go through that, but I wish they could get it figured out. We did learn several months ago he's diabetic, no telling how long that has been the case, can't help but think it has a lot to do with it. Playing it by ear now to see what happens.

Pine Baron
03-16-2021, 06:15 AM
That's good news! God's will be done.

augercreek
03-16-2021, 06:40 AM
God will provide, prayers sent.

buckwheatpaul
03-16-2021, 07:44 AM
What wonderful news indeed!

richhodg66
03-16-2021, 07:52 AM
We're hoping they'll release him today. He's been through an awful lot of change the past few years, none of it good it seems. I was concerned an amputation and the subsequent pain, healing time and further impedence to mobility might be a breaking point for him. Seems like there's a realization point for some people when they are in advanced age where life isn't going to ever get better, never gonna get to all those things I never got around to, etc., I was real afraid this might have been that triggering event.

jamneg
03-16-2021, 12:37 PM
God is good!

USMC87
03-16-2021, 08:52 PM
Praise the Lord for answered prayer!

Dekota56
03-16-2021, 09:30 PM
I will continue, my prayers that he will be ok. I lost my father 2 years in Feb. and my mother this Feb. you and your family will continue to stay in my prayers

Boaz
03-17-2021, 08:17 PM
Prayers answered ! Thank you for the good report . Continuing in prayer for healing .