PDA

View Full Version : thanks all

redriverhunter
03-14-2021, 11:23 PM
when I first decided to get into casting, I asked members what I should start out with. I told them the calibers I would be casting for. well as time went on, I moved away from lee and went to N.O.E., MP and Accurate Molds. I am grateful, I listen. Someone told me to purchase a lee six banger 148 gn w.c.. I did I did not like it my 357 so it has not seen the light of day for years. I have came across a lot of 38 special brass estate sales and the like. Seeing how I have a good amount of 38 brass, I needed a gun to go with (this may not be sound thinking but I do not care). I was suggested that I load it up with 148 wc's and do you think I could find a 38 wc mold, in desperation I dug through all the molds I have not used in years there it was waiting for me. I would not have had if not for everyone's advice.
THANKS YOU ALL. rrh

Winger Ed.
03-14-2021, 11:38 PM
Now that the addiction has regained its hold on you---- Keep a low profile, and don't draw attention to yourself.

This will keep you from being dragged off to re-hab on that interdiction TV show.:bigsmyl2:

contender1
03-15-2021, 10:07 AM
Gee,, we call folks like those that helped you,, enablers!" :D :D

Seriously,, there are some great folks here,, and lots of good friendly advice,, and serious assistance when needed.

gwpercle
03-15-2021, 01:03 PM
Don't forget some basic rules .
1.) Never sell a mould ... 9 times out of 10 you will need it one day .

2.) Never lend a mould out ... 9 times out of 10 you will never see it again .

3.) Always buy a mould if priced right ... 9 times out of 10 you will find a use for it .

4.) Moulds are always much more expensive and/or in short supply ... when you desperately need one.

Buying that 148 gr. WC mould was a smart move ... now you need one and they cost more if you can find one to buy ... ATTABOY !!! You did Great .

Gary

pworley1
03-15-2021, 01:48 PM
If you have mold that you don't use, buy a gun that it works in. You may have to buy several.

Handloader109
03-25-2021, 09:09 AM
I've got a 2 cavity one of those that I got from a caster here a year or so ago. I like it a lot in the 38 special... Haven't tried in 357