PDA

View Full Version : Reloading for others

tinsnips
03-14-2021, 04:07 PM
Lately I have been asked by every TOM ,Dick and Harry if I would reload shells for them an of course they don't have any supplies . Is this happening to you guys also? I have learned to say no in a nice way.

Winger Ed.
03-14-2021, 04:18 PM
Oh yeah.
It's all from people that never read the kid's book you can still buy at the grocery store called "The Little Red Hen".

Legally, you're supposed to hold a Class VI FFL to do it.

Back when I held a couple of FFLs, people would want something shady, and do the "Ahh,,, come on" guilt trip.
I'd tell them, "OK, first give me $10,000."
Then,,,, I'd hear, "What for"?
I'd tell them, "Well,,,,, that should just about cover the fine if I get caught".

ShooterAZ
03-14-2021, 04:19 PM
I've been saying no in a nice way since 1973.

jim 44-40
03-14-2021, 04:23 PM
Yes it has happened to me also, told a buddy of mine last year to buy primers and powder and not to worry about lead or brass since I have alot of 45 acp and 45 colt brass and more lead then I could use in 2 life spans.He aways picked up brass and returned it and dug up range lead to melt,but powder and primers are all mine for now!

Murphy
03-14-2021, 04:34 PM
I can't recall the last time I gave anyone a handload of mine. Nor, would I have sold them one. Even people you know are not your friends, suddenly want to be now.

Murphy

M-Tecs
03-14-2021, 04:45 PM
Nothing illegal about reloading for others providing you don't sell them. If they give you the components or you're giving reloads to friends or family no legal issues. I do it frequently.

country gent
03-14-2021, 04:52 PM
I politely explain it is illegal for me to load for someone else, then that I cant work up a safe load for them with out their firearm. But what I can legally do without major risks in liability and legality is to allow them to use my equipment to load their own with them doing the set up, decisions and work. That this includes bringing their own components. So far over 40+years Ive had no takers of this offer. I have had quite a few that wanted help and or guidance learning to reload, but no takers on the other. Most want a bunch of inexpensive ammo but dont want to put the work into it.

From the ones I have dealt with I suspect they will expect you to use your cases primers powder and bullets not supplying anything, makes for really inexpensive ammo that way.

I have no idea what firearm they have, what shape it in, or expectations.

Here recently I spent several days researching loading 22 lr for a fellow club member. Gave him my findings and what it would take, and what I would change to test. The materials and heat treat came to around $300.00. Die set to lad ( resize, push dent out of rim and set to thickness, crimp. then swage die for heel based bullets from wire). His comment was I dont want to do it I want you to do it for me not only make the dies but load the ammo for him. He wanted me to load 22 lr ammo for him that would beat the upper end target ammo out there.

I wouldnt recommend getting involved in this venture ( except for a good friend) due to liability and chances are good what you do wont be good enough. Or he tells a bunch of friends and it snowballs way out of proportion.

FLINTNFIRE
03-14-2021, 04:55 PM
I have given friends and family reloads , and I am not the local supply chain , I may give you some depending on who the person is the reason or need , but do not make a habit of it .

Family has shot my reloads for hunting for a long time , and some get pistol ammo on occasion , if it is casual acquaintances then I tell them I will teach watch and assist as they load their own , but I am not donating my supplies to just anyone .

Several people at work since this has started have been wanting different components and or loads , that is always a NO .

Where were they when supplies were available ? And it is the same old story can you just do it for me most like vegetables and fruits you offer want it done and delivered and if they did something stupid it would be you they would blame , always remember that you may be who gets blamed even if it was some other ammo they found or got or they did something . No need for those headaches .

M-Tecs
03-14-2021, 04:57 PM
I politely explain it is illegal for me to load for someone else,

Please site that in either federal or state law?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/person-who-reloads-ammunition-required-be-licensed-manufacturer

Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit.

No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a); 27 CFR 478.41]

Last Reviewed July 16, 2020

BJK
03-14-2021, 05:14 PM
Please site that in either federal or state law?

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/person-who-reloads-ammunition-required-be-licensed-manufacturer

Is a person who reloads ammunition required to be licensed as a manufacturer?
Yes, if the person engages in the business of selling or distributing reloads for the purpose of livelihood and profit.

No, if the person reloads only for personal use.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a) and 923(a); 27 CFR 478.41]

Last Reviewed July 16, 2020

ROTF! One excuse is as good as another, blaming the go'vermin is really good IMO.

I will allow people to shoot my reloads out of my firearms then and there and that's it. There's just too much liability to hand ammo out. As has already been stated if they want to bring their stuff over and use my gear, that's OK. But I haven't suggested that to anyone since no one has asked. I have had some folks ask for ammo at a match and I just told them that it wouldn't even come close to shooting to their aim. That was the truth. At the time I was loading a 160gr bullet at 860ish fps.

Targa
03-14-2021, 05:38 PM
I probably reload for friends and family more than I do myself.

Gator 45/70
03-14-2021, 05:44 PM
Oh yeah man, Been there done that,Local drunkard down the street ask me if I could load his boss some 300 BO's

I'm like sure,I'll need 1k of primers,brass,powder,projectiles, He's like well the boss picked up his brass at the range so he's got that covered.

Me, Good that's a start, Let me know when he gets the rest of the stuff rounded up, Bring it here and I'll coach him along....Crickets....

Burnt Fingers
03-14-2021, 05:50 PM
I load only for myself and close friends.

The close friends that help pick up brass, help get scrap lead, help making ingots, help cast boolits, provide power and primers.

I don't have a lot of close friends :)

M-Tecs
03-14-2021, 05:56 PM
I have been teaching new or newer shooter for 50 years. I have no idea how many but I do know it's more than two per year. At 2 per year that's over a 100. That doesn't include 30 years of competitive shooting for Uncle Sam but that was mostly with GI ammo. That is a couple of hundred more.

If I had to put a number on it 200 to 250 people have shot my handloads over the past 50 years.

Yes there are lots of folks that I don't want to be close to when they shoot their reloads but on the other hand I would not ride in a car with them driving either. I did have two friends killed in a car crash on the way to a match and numerous other fiends and family killed in car accidents. I also had a friend's mother die from food poisonings at a family gathering and several others had to be hospitalized. On the other hand I don't know a single person injured by another's reloads.

I don't have any problems with people that don't want to reload for others or shoot other reloads. No is easy enough to say without lying about the why.

fatelk
03-14-2021, 05:58 PM
I've learned to not talk much about what it costs to reload. I was telling a friend one time about loading .300 Blackout, and how it costs me next to nothing: a couple cents for a gas check, a couple cents for a primer, 3 or 4 cents for some powder, free range-pickup brass and free scrap lead collected from the berm = less than a dime per round for good shooting ammo.

He got excited and thought he could pay me a hundred bucks for a thousand rounds of ammo all ready to go. I had to back up and explain just how much work went into that "cheap" ammo, and how I'd be glad to help him learn how to do it for himself, but I just couldn't do it for him. Even with legalities and liability issues aside, I don't have that kind of time. Sometimes I wonder if it's even worth my time to load for myself. Well, of course it is nowadays, but in times when 9mm can be had for $8/box...

Shawlerbrook
03-14-2021, 06:06 PM
I am glad to show an interested friend how to do it to get them started, but I really don’t have the time to load for others.

Winger Ed.
03-14-2021, 06:13 PM
In the years I've been reloading, I've had three guys use my equipment.

A life long friend that got me started in it, and one other close friend that was a big time shooter.

For him-- he'd watched and learned while I went through the process several times.
Later on, He'd bring his components, I'd get him set up, then sit in the corner, watch, and sing while he cranked out 9mms.

Then not too long ago, I thought I was done reloading.
A Army vet kid I worked with, who had 3 tours in the Sand Box.
He came home wearing a Bronze Star, and SSGT chevrons.
He got into it so he could afford shooting 3 gun.

He came over and used the stuff a few times, learned how to cast, and do the set ups for the single stage and progressive.
One time, I told him to take it all home.
He could get more done if he didn't have to drive 30 miles each way to use the equipment.

He was proud to get it, and I was glad my kids wouldn't ever worry about how they would have to dispose of it.

All the others just never quite wanted to bad enough to sit down and do it.

snowwolfe
03-14-2021, 06:13 PM
I been asked a dozen times in the last few months. My reply is always the same:

"Come over to the workshop when you have time and I'll show you how to load and watch you. When we are finished you can pay me for actual costs of components and we are square"

Not ONE person accepted the offer. People are lazy mooches.

robg
03-14-2021, 06:19 PM
im happy to coach people but i wont load for anyone.

james23
03-14-2021, 06:42 PM
Like all of you I don't custom load but will mentor others , same as I was mentored a lot of years ago. When I started reloading years ago I brought the bullets, primers and powder to the fellows place and learned a lot in a couple hours. It's like buying reloads at a auction or gun show. They are usually sold as components only. I will say though I did buy reloads at a estate sale, after I bought the rifle they were fired in, and load data. It was a wise decision and saved me lots of time working up loads.

salpal48
03-14-2021, 06:47 PM
I always said I will Gladly help you learn after You buy your own equipment. Some did and some never did. left it @ that

Bazoo
03-14-2021, 06:47 PM
My friend wanted me to sell reloads to him at normal prices. I offered to teach him. He said he'd rather buy his ammo. He paid $40 for a box of 50 45acp rounds in town recently. I reminded him how little I paid for my 45acp reloads. He still doesn't want to learn.

Three44s
03-14-2021, 06:53 PM
I am glad to show an interested friend how to do it to get them started, but I really don’t have the time to load for others.

Right there!

I load for my wife. That’s all!

Otherwise it’s teach and mentor, no more.

Three44s

2A-Jay
03-14-2021, 07:11 PM
I mentored a long time Family Friend who wanted to learn how to reload. I then Gave him a Lee Reloading press kit. I let him buy his own Dies and components . He has been happily reloading and shooting more ever since. I will only let someone shoot my reloads in my guns and only at the range with me.

M-Tecs
03-14-2021, 07:18 PM
Right there!

I load for my wife. That’s all!

Otherwise it’s teach and mentor, no more.

Three44s

So a non gun friend or neighbor wants to learn to shoot a handgun you won't teach or mentor them unless they bring their own ammo?

The last couple of weeks I have been working with such a person. She will be using my guns and reloads. Before last week she had never touched a firearm. She will be taking the Carry class on Saturday. A carry permit or purchase permit is required in MN for a handgun or so called assault rifle. Once she get the permit she will purchase her first handgun from the shop I work part-time at. We mostly have no ammo available unless you purchase a firearm than we have two boxes set aside in most calibers. If we do get extra it goes out on the shelf but it doesn't last long.

When it is all said and done she will be into me for around 300 rounds of ammo. What am I charging her? She has to purchase a one year membership to the NRA. She was a borderline lib but this summer riot's made her see the light.

salpal48
03-14-2021, 07:36 PM
I have gone through this for Years with other people. only a few want to learn and buy their own. Most just want cheap ammo so they ask you and BS you

slim1836
03-14-2021, 07:45 PM
I always told them I can't afford the liability, If I blow up my weapon It's on me. If I blow up your weapon and you get injured, it's on me too. It's a no win situation and I'm not going to do it.

Slim

Finster101
03-14-2021, 07:53 PM
I been asked a dozen times in the last few months. My reply is always the same:

"Come over to the workshop when you have time and I'll show you how to load and watch you. When we are finished you can pay me for actual costs of components and we are square"

This has been my experience as well.

FLINTNFIRE
03-14-2021, 08:02 PM
I will mentor or teach to any who wish and pass on what I have learned , including taking people shooting , teaching safety and accuracy and familiarity with firearms , I feel it is better for the shooting sports and ownership to teach those things along with responsible use and common sense .

I have on many occasions allowed others out shooting to fire a firearm that I own , some to try out a firearm prior to buying their own or to let them try a style they had not shot , I have done the same with reloading , but as said I cast and load for myself and family .

I consider it cheap to allow someone to shoot my ammo in my guns if they wish to learn , I see people who are partly curious realize that shooting is a lot of fun .

But like so many here I see a lot of mooches and sell me cheap , well the days of $9 a box 9mm are behind us during this time and maybe for a long time , sure am glad I was loading it before , as it was even less then that a box casting and using components that were bought years ago.

lightman
03-14-2021, 08:15 PM
If the person that ask is really interested in learning I will try to help. If they are really really interested I will even spot them some components and help them. All others are told different versions of no. Usually a little white lie about being out of something, no die set, ect. Sometimes I mention the legalities or the liability to myself.

dverna
03-14-2021, 08:41 PM
My BS reason is the liability one to defuse requests. But it is BS. People I love have shot 10’s of thousands of my reloads. I have shot 100’s of thousands. I have no concerns about the safety of my reloads.

Right now there is a black market for ammunition. I know one guy cashing in. I will not do that.

farmbif
03-14-2021, 08:47 PM
don't do it and only just a couple people even know I reload anything. one person I offered to teach is probably too busy have yet to have them call or ask about when.

higgins
03-14-2021, 08:50 PM

Same people who won't take fish unless they're cleaned

jsizemore
03-14-2021, 09:00 PM
Local charity wanted a donation when they called. Told the lady I didn't have money but would be glad to shoot a deer and donate it to feed the poor souls. She asked if I meant venison. I said yes ma'am. Phone went quiet for a couple minutes. She came back on and said they didn't have a place to clean one. I asked if she had a water hose and a knife. She said yeah. I told her she had everything I had.

The charity doesn't call me no more. Darn!

farmbif
03-14-2021, 09:07 PM
yup as many Higgins and others have said, sad as it may be most folks today are lazy mooches.
the kids today don't want to learn, don't want to work, they want handouts or something like that, they spend a whole lot of time drinking pop, eating chips and the thumbs are all over those little electronic screens like they in a trance or something. they like to watch 22 plinkster ands hickock 45 but they don't seem to have ambition to top anything for themselves.

BigAlofPa.
03-14-2021, 09:20 PM
Only for immediate family. I tell others i don't have the liability insurance or the proper license. I do tell them if they want to learn how to reload i will gladly teach them. The young man i taught a few years ago is doing great with his loading.

jim147
03-14-2021, 10:06 PM
I'm about out of factory ammo giving it to friends daughters. I don't shoot it anyway.

Right now I have people wanting five AR's built. I said sure you get the parts in your name and I will do the build or help you for cash up front. My time isn't free.

As soon as the weather clears up I have a new walk-in cooler to instal, a compressor to change out and two deferentials to rebuild. But the gun stuff is some cash until the weather gets better if they show up.

facetious
03-15-2021, 02:00 AM
I always told them I can't afford the liability, If I blow up my weapon It's on me. If I blow up your weapon and you get injured, it's on me too. It's a no win situation and I'm not going to do it.

Slim

That is pretty much the line I use.

It's one thing to take someone shooting, It's another to have them think your the cheap ammo guy.

You wouldn't buy their food for them so thy could save their money for the fun stuff. Why should they think that you should pay for their ammo because they don't want to pay for the cost of their own hobby's. And face it if you are shooting more than a few box's a year it's a hobby.

On top of that if it doesn't shoot better than any thing they have shot guess what now your " The cheap ammo guy" that loads that junk ammo that is under powered and shoots like crap.

contender1
03-15-2021, 10:28 AM
Slim's simple statement says a lot.

LIABILITY.

Decades ago,, when I was younger & dumber,, I'd load for good friends. I'd make them bring me their gun, and pay for the components, and build a good accurate load for their gun. To me,, it was a fun endeavor, and I'd get to play with different firearms as well.
Then,, I was introduced to the ATF laws about "profiting" and a license to do it.
Well, the fact that the folks I'd load for would often give me a little extra,, it would have qualified as "profiting." So, I quit. POLITELY explaining why.

Then, about 25 or so years ago,, I also got introduced a few simple terms that lawyers use.
Negligence
Deliberate Indifference
Wanton disregard for safety
That, along with a detailed explanation of how a person can EASILY sue another person over just about anything. Throw in the FACT that while "my good buddy Joe" may not sue,, his FAMILY most likely would if ANYTHING happened to Joe. Or even good buddy Joe might sue if his gun got damaged,, even if my handloads weren't the cause. (Think; debris in the barrel, gun blows up type of thing.)
Liability,, even if you are NOT at fault,, can get EXPENSIVE real quick.

So,, while I used to help friends & family,, and was proud of the quality I'd put forth in making the best ammo I could,, I politely quit handloading for others. I'd explain the legality of making even $0.01,, as well as the liability issues. My true friends have understood & are still friends.

And yes,, in the current atmosphere of the ammo shortages,, I have taken the time to help those folks willing to actually invest AND learn how to do it themselves. As a NRA Instructor,, I want to help folks who want to learn. But they do the work themselves.

matrixcs
03-15-2021, 10:33 AM
I never reload for others... I have offered to loan a reloading press and relevant dies to reload their own...big surprise no one has taken me up on the offer...lol

farmbif
03-15-2021, 10:42 AM
not to try and be greedy or nothing but contender makes good points.
way too often friendships have been destroyed over the smallest things and there are lawyers hiding behind every bush waiting to sue the tar out of anyone or anything they can, once your a lawyer it doesn't cost a whole lot to file a lawsuit.
I reload for myself have one or 2 friends that might show up and want to shoot in my back pasture every so often and I might have some ammo that fits in the guns they are shooting but that's the extent of it.
I once thought about taking in a handyman/boarder to help out take care of the property but after carefully thing it through decided it just aint worth the possible liability. if they might get tangled in a tractor or implement or slide down the ridge on slimey rock or something. and that wasn't even thinking about firearms or ammo.

Soundguy
03-15-2021, 11:07 AM
I reload and share reloads with exactly 2 people.. shooting friends. One shooting friends has donated lead, the other shooting friend has donated brass. That's about it. I really don't reload for others. Me and one guy shoot 35 rem.. it became difficult to find 35 rem a while back when it went to pretty much 1 run only a year at hornady.. got tired of paying 1$ a round and started loading for it. Started with buying commercial bullets using our built up brass, now I cast for it and get better than 'factory' accuracy and consistency. 9mm and 357 are about the only other calibers I make for those 2 guys.. perhaps adding 8mm mauser for me and the guy with the 35 rem. The buddy that donates brass, he just started reloading too ( he went blue$$.. i'm mostly green and red ). He just started loading 9mm 45 acp and 556. He doesn't cast though.. he was just buying commercial bullets. he got lucky.. he built up a supply of a few thou bullets and primers before the craziness started. He got the powder bullets and primers.. then started piecing his dillon$$$ stuff together last. He was envious of me relaoding and always shooting and not paying a buck a round.. he was amazed that you can reload handgun for under 20 cents a round.. even buying commercial bullets.

fatelk
03-15-2021, 11:24 AM
Yes there are lots of folks that I don't want to be close to when they shoot their reloads but on the other hand I would not ride in a car with them driving either. I did have two friends killed in a car crash on the way to a match and numerous other fiends and family killed in car accidents. I also had a friend's mother die from food poisonings at a family gathering and several others had to be hospitalized. On the other hand I don't know a single person injured by another's reloads.

Good point. It would seem that this is something that we all worry about, but is extremely rare. I'm cautious too, but I have to wonder if our over-litigious society has us all a bit paranoid?

Back in the day, kids would make money by mowing neighbors' lawns. My son tried asking a few neighbors in the last couple years, and got the same response from most: they were worried that if he got hurt on their property, they would be liable. They would rather pay a lawn care crew 10x more because they're licensed and insured.

rbuck351
03-15-2021, 11:32 AM
I don't load for anyone except my wife and myself. Liability and lawyers have changed my mind on several things. I have offered to teach a few others to reload using my equipment and components but have only had one taker. I have moved from Ak to Mt about 5 years ago and few people here know I reload. I recently gave a neighbor a couple of boxes of 44mag and another neighbor a box and a 1/2 of 357max of factory ammo and told them to bring the empties and I will show them how to reload them. So far no takers.

Moleman-
03-15-2021, 11:50 AM
I'll reload for immediate family, and to a point for extended family. Usually only get asked once every few years by a couple uncles to reload something for them. No big deal, but one eventually started asking more and more and expressed an interest in doing it himself. So last spring I got him a Lee Breech lock press, dies and components for what he usually reloads. Done the same thing with Lee turret presses for two friends over the years. One has kept at reloading for a dozen or so years now and one reloaded for a short while then stopped. This shortage is different in that I've had more non family members ask than normal. I tell them the same thing, go online and figure out what powder you need, get primers and bullets and I'll show you how to reload on my presses. Only ever had one guy take me up on that and he is the one that I gave a Lee turret press, dies, an old scale and measure to that still reloads.

OS OK
03-15-2021, 12:17 PM
Lately I have been asked by every TOM ,Dick and Harry if I would reload shells for them an of course they don't have any supplies . Is this happening to you guys also? I have learned to say no in a nice way.

This has been the case for decades now...I have the perfect reply...it's 'YES'...

I say..."Sure no problem, I then tell them the components to bring and next tell them, I'll show 'you' how to load your own."

Since 75...I've had '0' takers on my offer.

Conditor22
03-15-2021, 12:20 PM
I tell them to bring lead, primers, powder, and brass over and I'll show them how to cast, coat, clean/prep brass, and reload.

I give them a "shopping list" for their desired caliber and where I usually get the stuff. ---------

Only 1 person showed up with a mixed lot of 1500 primers and brass so far.

OS OK
03-15-2021, 12:32 PM
I tell them to bring lead, primers, powder, and brass over and I'll show them how to cast, coat, clean/prep brass, and reload.

I give them a "shopping list" for their desired caliber and where I usually get the stuff. ---------

Only 1 person showed up with a mixed lot of 1500 primers and brass so far.

Yah Jim....just as I suspected.
All these 'so-called' 'friends' are really just a bunch of 'freeloaders'.

bluebird66
03-15-2021, 12:36 PM
Coworkers ask me that all the time. Of course they never want to buy any components and think I'm the free ammo guy.

FISH4BUGS
03-15-2021, 12:37 PM
I have a good friend that is in recovery. We finally did an intervention and so far so good. Very painful process for all of us.
He is going on 3 months sober and I am hopeful that he gets it and stays the course.
As kind of a thank you for his hard work on recovery, we have a standing range shooting session every Sunday afternoon at 4....as long as he is clean and sober. He always wanted to go shooting before but I did not as long as he was drinking.
I supply the ammo which really is not a problem for me. Since I am component hoarder, and shoot cast lead, we can shoot as much as we want. I have plenty of lead, powder, primers and TONS of brass. I am happy to do this for him.
He laughed last night as he was reaching into the ammo can filled to the top and loading his Ruger 9mm mags....these 9mm's are like popcorn....just grab a handful and go to it!
He is the only guy I reload for.
Unless it gets really bad and ammunition becomes a trading commodity, I will stick with reloading for just that one person.
Basically he is just shooting my ammo.
He has expressed an interest in learning more about the casting and reloading process, but really doesn't have time to do it himself. He thought he might do the stainless pin tumbler and prep the brass for me. Hey....how can I complain if he does that?

perotter
03-15-2021, 12:52 PM
The bad thing is even if Joe and his family don't sue even if the reloads weren't the problem, but someone was injured the insurance company will if they find out.

In an true emergency I would reload for someone, but it would take a lot to convince me that I should reload practice ammo or hobby ammo for them. Ammo can still be purchased for all the common calibers. If all someone has is only odd calibers that ammo can't be purchased, they can buy a common caliber firearm if they don't want to reload themselves.

ryanmattes
03-15-2021, 01:32 PM
I reload occasionally for a few people, but the circumstances are always this:

Give me the gun for a few weeks to a month, depending on the situation and the time I have to spend on it. I'll spend some time working up a load that I think is safe, reliable, and reasonably precise. I'll send it home to you with one box of those reloads. For a semi-auto pistol that's usually 50, for a revolver it'll be 48. Rifles it's usually 20. Later, if I really enjoyed it making them, or I have a bunch of components I can't use for anything else, I might make some more and come over to shoot it with you.

That's it. I'm not your ammo guy, and I don't take orders. It's time consuming, and my time is worth more than the cost of factory ammo. I'm certainly not going to spend that time repetitively pumping out 9mm for plinking so that you can get ammo for cheap.

I enjoy working up a load for a new firearm, especially now that I'm casting. It's basically like a month-long course in casting and loading for the cost of components, which to me is worth it. I like the challenge of a new firearm to figure out. So, basically, I do it for me, not for them.

The only other time I load for other people to shoot is if, say, my brothers and I are doing a range day and we are all pitching in ammo. I'll load up a mess of whatever calibers I'm bringing, so they're being shot out of my guns anyway.

My best out for anyone asking me to load for them are the conditions above. "Sure, can do that. First, I'll need your gun for a month or two while I work out a load, and I'll give you a box of ammo. After that it's $1/round for my time plus the cost of components."

Or at least that used to be a good out. These days $1/round doesn't seem to give people as much pause.

My brother in law has several cool old guns. He's got a turn of the century revolver (currently in my gun cabinet) and lever action that he inherited, and I'll load a box or two for both of those, because he'll leave them with me as long as I want to get some period-accurate ammo for them. He's also got an old Mauser .32 auto (1914 I think) that I'd like to play with. So I'll load some up for him, for those guns, because that's the cost of being able to play with them. He'll even buy the mold or dies or whatever I need and pitch in on components (which I get to keep). None of them are plinking guns, he's not putting any volume through them, so a box or two each might last a lifetime. That kind of deal I'll make an exception for.

Ryan

downzero
03-15-2021, 02:30 PM
I have helped many people get started handloading and I wish someone had done that for me instead of having to teach myself. They always bring components though.

Bazoo
03-15-2021, 02:56 PM
I've offered to teach half a dozen or more people. No one wants to invest any time. They don't have an issue investing time or money to make a car louder or faster, or their tv or stereo system louder though. So it tells me, guns and ammo for them ain't very important to them. If guns is just an occasional hobby to you, then I won't bother with you. Guns is a passion and a lifestyle, like hotrodding cars.

kevin c
03-15-2021, 03:42 PM
I think there's a different mindset in those asking. Just about every reloader I know has self sufficiency in mind. But other folks are used to just spending the money they earn on ready to use goods without the ability to make such themselves. They assumed that those goods will always be available, and when their regular channels close it's not suprising that they'll look for others (especially if we've let it be known that it's a lot cheaper), but still with the idea of buying what they need rather than providing for themselves. And on the other hand we reloaders may not be keen on reducing our own self sufficiency by using up our components and wearing out our equipment for the sake of others needs and wants.

So, setting aside the liability (which IS a big issue) I'm not suprised at the asking, nor at our reluctance, nor at our opinion of these non self sufficiency oriented folks.

All that being said, I'm not personally self sufficient enough to survive TEOTWAWKI. Too reliant on black box technologies and don't have the all skill sets necessary.

MstrEddy
03-15-2021, 03:46 PM
Just yesterday I was asked by an acquaintance about selling my reloads or loading for him. I politely explained one, can't without license, and two -- my reloads are "inexpensive" because it's MY HOBBY and I don't count my time/labor into it. If I had to do that, then it would be a job and it wouldn't be inexpensive for someone else as my hourly rate ain't cheap!

He later asked, what could he do to get my reloads -- I told him, come shoot with me, you can shoot my reloads.

I've also had the similar responses from others as many of you have had -- come over, I'll teach you how to do it and you pay for the components (prior to unobtainable primers) and most did not take me up on it. There have been a few that took me up on it. They had an interest, they came over (some bringing the new press/dies/components they had bought), they learned and went home to continue loading. Some are still at it, though a couple have moved on to other pursuits.

Conditor22
03-15-2021, 03:50 PM
Yah Jim....just as I suspected.
All these 'so-called' 'friends' are really just a bunch of 'freeloaders'.

Most get the clue when they can't find components. Charlie
When they say don't you have components I say yes, I planned ahead, they are MY components.

You can still get most ammo from https://ammoseek.com/ --- but you will pay for it.

GOPHER SLAYER
03-15-2021, 04:05 PM
It has been my experience over years that most people are afraid of reloads. I have started a few people in reloading, even furnishing the equipment. One a stranger. The first thing I do is give them a book on reloading and insist they read it before going further. I have offered others the tools and instruction if they would come to my house. Still no takers.

jessdigs
03-15-2021, 04:09 PM
I have ran in to the same thing. Co workers in CA that voted for Gavin Newsom and are complaining that it’s now illegal to drive to Nevada to buy ammo, and that there isn’t any ammo in Nevada anyways.
One guy is pretty cool, so I told him jump on Calguns marketplace and buy some primers and then we’ll talk. He didn’t like the $150 per 1k price tag.
Well I can’t help you bud. I’m down to 18k primers and literally making my own with prime all right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Winger Ed.
03-15-2021, 04:13 PM
I think there's a different mindset in those asking. Just about every reloader I know has self sufficiency in mind. But other folks are used to just spending the money they earn on ready to use goods without the ability to make such themselves.

Yep. That reminds me of a Dentist I used to know. He was a big time shooter, and wanted to get into reloading big bore
rifle ammo because handloads tended to be more accurate if you did your part.

I explained the process to him. He thought about it awhile, and said,
"I think I need to sell a couple more crowns, and keep buying that Weatherby and Norma ammo".

Walks
03-15-2021, 04:37 PM
I sorta loaded shotshells for a friend a few years back.
He helped himself to 2,500 once-fired WinAA freshly loaded for Cowboy Shooting.
I didn't mind that so much until I found out He didn't pick up the Hulls.

Soundguy
03-15-2021, 05:32 PM
Ill tell you what I've been doing lately.

Like most of us reloaders, I generally will only purchase loaded ammo that is in reloadable brass. For the most part, the only steel cased I've ever used was milsurp. Back when the last scare happened, I didn't have sufficient reloading or casting supplies on hand ( now corrected! ), so I bought up a decent amount of the very inexpensive tula 45acp, 223, 9mm, and 38spl. All steel cased. Like 6$ for 223 and 16$ for the others. I havn't used it, don't need it..and it's tieing up space and the $ invested in it. Anyway...just been setting on it . until now... A few friends finally figured out that their guns with no ammo are useless. Been crying about 50-80$ pawn shop and show prices.
I then figured out a mutually beneficial answer to our problems. I've been liquidating my steel cased ammo to these guys when they want it. I charge what I paid.. Marked price plus the tax I paid. That means I'm not out any $$. That opens up storage space and let's me re invest that $ back into other reloading needs, or simply repay my expenditures.

I'm not scalping..so my conscience is good. My friends are ecstatic getting a 17$ box of ammo vs paying 60$.
Win win. I'm getting rid of steel case, recouping investment, friends are getting ammo. All works out.

Hodagtrapper
03-15-2021, 05:42 PM
In the years I've been reloading, I've had three guys use my equipment.

A life long friend that got me started in it, and one other close friend that was a big time shooter.

For him-- he'd watched and learned while I went through the process several times.
Later on, He'd bring his components, I'd get him set up, then sit in the corner, watch, and sing while he cranked out 9mms.

Then not too long ago, I thought I was done reloading.
A Army vet kid I worked with, who had 3 tours in the Sand Box.
He came home wearing a Bronze Star, and SSGT chevrons.
He got into it so he could afford shooting 3 gun.

He came over and used the stuff a few times, learned how to cast, and do the set ups for the single stage and progressive.
One time, I told him to take it all home.
He could get more done if he didn't have to drive 30 miles each way to use the equipment.

He was proud to get it, and I was glad my kids wouldn't ever worry about how they would have to dispose of it.

All the others just never quite wanted to bad enough to sit down and do it.

That sure was a great gesture on your part. Well done!

Chris

Winger Ed.
03-15-2021, 06:44 PM
I didn't mind that so much until I found out He didn't pick up the Hulls.

I wouldn't get angry either, but I'd sure set him up for the next ones he wanted with something like:
"Sure,,,,,,, too bad I don't have any hulls though".

That reminds me of my old friend that asked his teenage son to mow the yard.
The kid didn't quite get around to it, so he had it done.
Later on, the kid asked for $20. for something he wanted to do.
He got, "Sorry kid, I just spent my last $20. getting the yard mowed".

Texas by God
03-15-2021, 06:55 PM
A friend I've known for 20 years recently asked me for lessons in reloading. First I gave him a loading manual and then we made a shopping list. While waiting for his press and dies to arrive, I had him bring over his AR15 in 7.62x39 and his Ruger .44 SB. With me coaching, He loaded 5 each of the rifle rounds and revolver rounds: Using my press and dies and components. We step out of the back door of the shop and shot those rounds into a cardboard Box. He was like a kid at Christmas! He really loved the mid level Unique loads in the .44. We did some bartering and I sent him home with tools, a pound of Varget, Unique, and H4831- and a brick of 40 year old large rifle magnum primers. I think he's hooked.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

jim147
03-15-2021, 09:25 PM
I've asked every person I gave or sold at old prices factory ammo to bring me back the brass. Only one person has.

This guy now what's a new rifle built for him and his SIL. I said no problem you buy everything I'll put it together and test it but I'm out of ammo to share unless you come up with the components.

He knows three people getting out of reloading due to age and is supposed to be going around and getting everything he can find.

tankgunner59
03-15-2021, 10:06 PM
I know just what you mean. Starting in about September I've had "friends" coming out of the woodwork. I had one who told me he would pay me more than the factory ammo costs. I first explained that since I don't have an FFL I could do 10 years in jail and get slapped with a $10k fine. I also explained that if that wasn't the case, you wouldn't pay me enough to afford new components. He decided to start looking and found an old friend who's son used to load and had passed on. He is selling his sons old equipment and components, I helped him find some brass here from a couple of you.

EMC45
03-16-2021, 09:22 AM
Every person (but one) that I've shown my reloading setup and pulled the handle have went out and promptly bought their own gear - some are on this site.. The one was a family member who watched me reload, and he even pulled the handle a bunch. We shot the ammo and he was very impressed with the performance and quality. When we were done he said "I'll just have you load me my ammo from now on, I'm really not interested in learning anymore" And that, ladies and gentleman, was the last time I ever loaded any ammo for him. He had the money and he had the time, he just didn't want to do it. This is when components were cheap and collecting dust on the shelves too.

A few years before that a guy from church had just turned 21 and bought a pistol. We got to chatting about the gun and caliber (9MM) etc. and he was lamenting the cost of ammo (at that time it was about $7.99 a box) and he blurted out "I'll just have you load my ammo for cheap".......He was a professional sponsored golfer who would spend thousands of dollars in his golfing hobby, but was too cheap to buy a box of 9MM. I declined his request. People are freeloaders.

Bmi48219
03-16-2021, 09:37 AM
I won’t reload for anyone because Senator Feinstein told me people that shoot guns are evil.

GregLaROCHE
03-16-2021, 09:50 AM
I’m always glad to give some reloads to friends who have done favors for me. I even bought a mould so I could cast for one friend’s rifle. One hand washes the other.

am44mag
03-16-2021, 11:57 AM
Legally, you're supposed to hold a Class VI FFL to do it.

Back when I held a couple of FFLs, people would want something shady, and do the "Ahh,,, come on" guilt trip.
I'd tell them, "OK, first give me $10,000."
Then,,,, I'd hear, "What for"?
I'd tell them, "Well,,,,, that should just about cover the fine if I get caught".

That's pretty much the excuse I always use. It's pretty good about ending that discussion quickly.

Even if it was completely legal, I have absolutely no desire to take on the liability of reloading for someone else. Ammo manufactures have (what I assume to be very expensive) insurance for a reason. I'm more than happy to teach someone how to do it, and maybe even help them find some components, but that's it. I won't pull the handle for them.

Soundguy
03-16-2021, 12:57 PM
It should be noted. There is a big difference in selling ammo you make vs giving some to your friends to shoot..etc.

waksupi
03-16-2021, 01:02 PM
The only times I have reloaded for others, I had them give me their firearm, so I could work up a load myself.

Bmi48219
03-16-2021, 02:35 PM
It should be noted. There is a big difference in selling ammo you make vs giving some to your friends to shoot..etc.

The difference gets smaller when someone or their family sues you. To protect yourself you’d need a signed waiver of liability from the recipient stating they and all their dependents / descendants will forever hold you harmless.
If you were inclined to reload for a buddy you could print one up and see how eager they are to sign it.
Sad one has to be so cautious.

TCoggins
03-16-2021, 07:34 PM
I’ll chime in here. I have a rule that works for me. My reloads go through my guns, and nobody else’s. Nobody else’s reloads go through my guns.

One exception, though, I was shooting with my dad, and he mentioned he was having a hard time finding 45 caliber bullets for reloading 45acp. I cast and powder coat my own (thanks to many fine folks here). I had him run some of my reloads through his gun. He was impressed. Now I cast bullets for him as well.

Anybody else, I have made the same offer as others, get the supplies and I’ll teach you how to load. I’ve had one person take me up. I have even offered to give a single stage press to another friend to get him started. Apparently he doesn’t like shooting.

Again, many thanks to the fine folks here for all the knowledge and help.

Tim

Ed K
03-16-2021, 10:14 PM
Never mind the labor expended to actually reload, I've found simply insisting they study a reloading manual from A-Z is enough to halt the interest.

M-Tecs
03-16-2021, 10:25 PM
I grew up in a rural area in the 60's and 70's. I moved to an urban area in the 80's. Most of my friends are gun owners and avid shooters' as are their circle of friends.

I must be hanging out with a different class of people since the good people that I have helped get into shooting and or reloading out weight the slugs probably by a factor of 20 to 1. That totals into the hundreds of people.

In that time lots of tire kickers but they are easy to identify if you are honest about your expectation of them and what is realistic for them. Nothing is expended or lost other than a little time talking to the tire kickers. Reloading isn't for everyone and once presented with the pluses and minuses most make the best decision for themselves.

richhodg66
03-17-2021, 07:55 AM
I have a good friend who isn't really a gun guy, but has a nice Marlin in .35 Remington he inherited and he takes it out and shoots it now and then when he visits his brothers, probably buys a box of ammo to do that once or twice a year. Anyway, I mentioned to him once not to throw the brass away as it's not real easy to find and since then, he's given it to me and over the years, it's added up to a decent amount. I'm not shooting that much .35 Remington lately. I have never volunteered and he has never asked about reloading ammo for him, but I'm going to just since he's such a good guy and I know he won't be able to find any ammo for his Dad's rifle and everybody ought to have some ammo on hand for what guns they have.

I sure wouldn't do it for just anybody. My sons for sure. My brothers all reload themselves. I do sometimes load up ammo to shoot with my dad. Other than that, I wouldn't.

Handloader109
03-17-2021, 08:17 AM
Ill tell you what I've been doing lately.

Like most of us reloaders, I generally will only purchase loaded ammo that is in reloadable brass. For the most part, the only steel cased I've ever used was milsurp. Back when the last scare happened, I didn't have sufficient reloading or casting supplies on hand ( now corrected! ), so I bought up a decent amount of the very inexpensive tula 45acp, 223, 9mm, and 38spl. All steel cased. Like 6$ for 223 and 16$ for the others. I havn't used it, don't need it..and it's tieing up space and the $ invested in it. Anyway...just been setting on it . until now... A few friends finally figured out that their guns with no ammo are useless. Been crying about 50-80$ pawn shop and show prices.
I then figured out a mutually beneficial answer to our problems. I've been liquidating my steel cased ammo to these guys when they want it. I charge what I paid.. Marked price plus the tax I paid. That means I'm not out any $$. That opens up storage space and let's me re invest that $ back into other reloading needs, or simply repay my expenditures.

I'm not scalping..so my conscience is good. My friends are ecstatic getting a 17$ box of ammo vs paying 60$.
Win win. I'm getting rid of steel case, recouping investment, friends are getting ammo. All works out.Problem is, that you are actually losing money. I would not feel right in gouging, but you bought with 2005 money, not 2021 money. I'd be adding 10 to 20% and you will be getting closer to true value preshortage and they are getting a real value. but it's your ammo

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Land Owner
03-17-2021, 08:48 AM
I do not fish competitively. That would take the fun out of it and turn a relaxing hobby into WORK. I retired from work.

Likewise, I do not reload for others. Reloading, casting, preparing food plots for wildlife, hunting, and shooting are my hobbies and my passion. PASSION SHALL NOT MORPH INTO WORK...

I will QUIT first, and that isn't likely. I might cast them a few boolits though...

I gladly mentor my generation-younger, next door neighbor, a new shooter and soon-to-be self sufficient reloader. He puts his components together on my equipment, while asking the right questions, building his own passion, as he seeks equipment to set up his own bench.

I know someone else who recently quit shooting because factory ammo became "too expensive". He has been on the reasonably priced, readily available, factory ammo side of the reloading fence for three years. He wants to "make cheap ammo" through the purchase of a Dillon 550 kit, dies, accessories, current market-available/market-priced components, etc. With a progressive press, he says, "The ammo practically makes itself."

I've been reloading and amassing equipment and components for more than 3 decades. All afternoon we discussed reloading. I do not believe reloading is in his future, but I am not certain he has made that same decision.

He wants lots of cheap-ammo, from the get go. I think of more importance to him is "something" or perhaps "someone" to do the work. He does not have the drive to go through the "learning curve". His interest is "wallet driven" but after an afternoon of conversation I still don't think he grasps the monumental COST to him to get started and to keep the hobby alive.

He IS NOT driven to reload by a "cerebral thirst" for the how or the why. Nor does he "get" the tedium, repetition, or TIME involved in doing the real WORK. He seems to have no PASSION for this hobby. I believe that he believes if he pays more, he should HAVE TO DO LESS.

snowwolfe
03-17-2021, 09:56 AM
Some people reload to shoot.
Some shoot so they can reload.

Soundguy
03-17-2021, 10:25 AM
The difference gets smaller when someone or their family sues you. To protect yourself you’d need a signed waiver of liability from the recipient stating they and all their dependents / descendants will forever hold you harmless.
If you were inclined to reload for a buddy you could print one up and see how eager they are to sign it.
Sad one has to be so cautious.

I'd wager that a person that is going to sue you.. is going to sue you no matter what. IE.. if you have a box of remington thunderbolts and are shooting and a buddy walks up and asks for a handfull.. starts shooting and his gun blows up.. if he's a sue person.. he's going to sue you for the commercial ammo you gave him same as your custom ammo. Your only recourse might be to countersue the commercial maker and be the pivot man during both lawsuits.

Don't give ammo to people that litigate or want other peoples money.. etc..

myg30
03-17-2021, 11:23 AM
Don’t have to much to add as all have said what I would have said except,, I think it was in the 90’s I was on a forum then when KABOOMS were the big topic. Might have been the glock, lead issue or 40 cal bulged brass issue ??? Either way, reloading for others and kabooms was everyday posts then. Careless reloading folks, ( kids mostly) in a hurry to pump out Ammo and brag about 100’s rds an hour etc...
The one story I want to share, was a careless person, sold his reloaded rifle Ammo to his buddy in another state. The rifle BOLT blew out and did extensive eye damage and he lost sight in that eye. Law suits followed ! Do not know the outcome. Many forum members jumped on this person after he posted his story about his Ammo blowing up his friends rifle, and he had no idea how?
Their were dozens and dozens of copied and pasted posts of this persons threads of his various kabooms and the number of pistols he destroyed with his own threads of totally careless reloading.

This bolt story was enough for me to never reload for anyone as I could not live with myself if a mishap like that happened to me either because of a reloading mistake or a faulty firearm mine or theirs.
So I WILL show them on my equipment, while I watch them, with data and them double checking the information how to reload THEIR Ammo.
I’m sure that information is some place in google data base and a search of kabooms it would show up.
I didn’t post this to start an argument, just to share my reason of my reloading practices.

Be safe always, Mike

contender1
03-17-2021, 11:25 AM
Not exactly a story about loading for others,, but sorta related to the attitudes presented by some folks.

On another gun forum, a OP made a comment about methods of keeping records. Many good comments followed. Until one guy, who said;
"I don't keep records. I just write down what I loaded on a scrap of paper & stick it in the box. I use the same powder charge for my 38's 9mm & 45's. I hate changing the setting on my powder measure. My stuff was set for 44 mag, but I haven't used in in about 6 years. I don't like fooling with all that stuff. Too many folks are OCD about record keeping."

And, when a guy came back & commented on how he loaded for over 80 calibers, did a lot of testing, and kept good records etc,, the same guy came back and said;

"I rest my case."

LAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And dangerous.

Now, I know lots of folks who handload, enjoy shooting etc. But this attitude defines stupidity & lazy when it comes to handloading. I tried to be polite, and say that record keeping is important in any activity where there is a potential for death or injury. Doctors, LEO's, pilots, scuba divers, lawyers, & just about anybody doing anything should keep records.

Sadly,, it's people like this that will give up shooting,,, and turn in their guns, if told to do so by queen Pelosi. And they also can give good gun owners a bad name. Oh well, you can't fix stupid,, you can only let Murphy handle it & let them earn the Darwin award.

Soundguy
03-17-2021, 11:26 AM
Wow..how many guns you gotta blow up before you check your reloading skills?

blackthorn
03-17-2021, 11:40 AM

But, but,but it's not MY fault! Nothing touched the pistol but the Devil's right hand.

alamogunr
03-17-2021, 12:11 PM
I can't offer a story about friends trying to get me to reload for them like most of this thread. I do reload for family. Just 2 sons and 2 grandsons. I'm responsible for their interest in shooting. Their problem is lack of time. One son wants to bring a friend over to get an introduction to casting/reloading. He asked about doing that a year ago, so far no visit.

Both grandsons are over 21, have carry permits but one is in post graduate school and the other graduates college this spring. Other things are higher on their priority list. Right now I'm sitting on an ammo can of 9mm for the grandsons. I'll try to drop it off at their parents house soon and they can divvy it up then.

All loads done for them are low to mid-range. I hope I last long enough for the grandsons to determine if casting or reloading is something they are interested in.

A sort of off topic comment: one grandson has an appreciable drive thru a gun unfriendly state. So far I've left it up to his father to educate him how to handle that situation. I'm going to check on this when I can get out and visit. Shouldn't be long since I've had my Covid19 shots.

Omega
03-17-2021, 12:33 PM
Not sure if it is reloading related as we were having a hard time getting the full story, but sure seems that round was a little hot here. But yea, reloading needs proper attention to detail, so either keep records or work up your ammo each and every time.

Soundguy
03-17-2021, 12:35 PM
Dang.... Quad charge plus a BBL obstruction???

Gator 45/70
03-18-2021, 09:55 AM
Other than the guy who sold reloads to the Los Vegas shooter, Anyone know of any other cases where someone was prosecuted ?

Geezer in NH
03-18-2021, 04:49 PM

Except the same liability applies. No good deed goes unpunished.

labradigger1
03-18-2021, 09:26 PM
In the 31 years I’ve been hand loading I have never bartered or sold hand loads. I used to give ammo to my brother (now deceased) and my dad and nobody else. When either one of them bought a new caliber I made it a point to gather components as I came across them.
My cousin a few weeks ago got a s&w 44 magnum. Bought all the ammo from box stores to mom and pops. Said the last box of 20 he bought was $30.00. He ask me if I would load him some since he knew I shoot a lot of 44. I told him what powder (or alternate powders) to get and what primers and bullets and wished him good luck. I haven’t heard from him since.

IMHO, anything in this life that you need or enjoy requires being prepared and well stocked. Prices alway go up and polititions always take. Be prepared for the things you need.

3006guns
03-18-2021, 09:48 PM
My experience mirrors others here, in that people are just plain greedy. I've had a number of people over the years who expect me to load free to low cost ammo for them "just because". My reply:

"Sure! Can I come over and borrow your wife a few times..........'just because'.........?"

I have given some free reloads to family members who don't shoot all that often, as the idea is to get them to shoot more. So, I don't really mind but as for the rest of them out there.....BUY THE STUFF AND LEARN HOW. It's not my fault they're caught short when no ammo is available.

Winger Ed.
03-18-2021, 09:55 PM

Some people's purpose in life is to serve as an example to others.

David2011
03-19-2021, 01:55 AM
I’ve had the same experience as others. I’ve offered countless times to teach someone to load. Two have come and watched. I don’t think the first one ever loaded anything on his own. The second helped me a lot when I was getting ready to move so I got him an RCBS RC Supreme kit and gave him my old reloading bench. Last time we talked he still hadn’t loaded anything. We loaded enough together that he would be safe on his own.

richhodg66
03-19-2021, 08:40 AM
My experience mirrors others here, in that people are just plain greedy. I've had a number of people over the years who expect me to load free to low cost ammo for them "just because". My reply:

"Sure! Can I come over and borrow your wife a few times..........'just because'.........?"

I have given some free reloads to family members who don't shoot all that often, as the idea is to get them to shoot more. So, I don't really mind but as for the rest of them out there.....BUY THE STUFF AND LEARN HOW. It's not my fault they're caught short when no ammo is available.

OK, I'll bite; What was your plan if one of them said "Fair enough, I'll send her over." Kinda like a dog who actually catches the car he's chasing.

That's funny, I'd like to have seen the looks on some faces after hearing your reply.

Soundguy
03-19-2021, 09:24 AM
What's she look like? ;)

white eagle
03-19-2021, 11:18 AM

I made the mistake of loading some ammo for my bil for a hunting trip
we were going on
he got way up on a mtn and was very cold and the ammo did not go bang
of course it was the ammo I loaded fault
it turns out he had a frozen firing pin but I learned long ago if someone wants you to load ammo
for them just say no

FISH4BUGS
03-19-2021, 04:47 PM

I can say with confidence only two. :)

Winger Ed.
03-19-2021, 04:50 PM
What's she look like? ;)

Too funny.

It reminds me of what my Grandmother would say, "Now that's just tacky, tacky, tacky".