PDA

View Full Version : White Label 50/50 beeswax lube

ddeaton
12-27-2008, 12:23 PM
From my previous posts I have just started casting and sizing. All new to me and learning as I go. I dont like the 50/50 because it stays soft and seems to be a mess when reloading and when loading the firearm. Should I think about going to another harder lube just for these reasons? I have a Magma with a heater and air, so I assume this will make things a littler easier.
Thanks, Danny

Shiloh
12-27-2008, 12:35 PM
The Larsen White label lube has a 50/50 that is stiffer than the Javelina brand 50/50.
The 2500 is a little stiffer yet. I am using the B.A.C. lube and am VERY pleased with the results.
It is a litytle sticky, but not so loose as to be oozy.

I don't use a hard lube but a friend does. He swears by the Carnauba Red.
Stumbled onto this stuff at another website. When I saw it right here at the Cast Boolit forum,
I knew it was worth a try. Price is right to boot :wink:

http://www.lsstuff.com/lube/index.html

Shiloh :castmine:

runfiverun
12-27-2008, 01:20 PM
glen also makes a mix of his red and 50/50 which i highly recommend.
i mix a bit of jakes purple ceresin with half 50/50 half carnuba red and it makes a harder lube.
which flows right through the star with a tad of heat.

ddeaton
12-27-2008, 01:25 PM
I think I will order a couple sticks of BAC and 2500 and see which one I like. Whats the best way to clean out the old lube from a Star?

Shiloh
12-27-2008, 01:53 PM
I think I will order a couple sticks of BAC and 2500 and see which one I like. Whats the best way to clean out the old lube from a Star?

Don't know about a Star Lube machine. I put the Lyman 450 in a oven set at about140-150 on a cookie sheet. Works best when the bride isn't home and you clean the cookie sheet REAL good. :wink:

I am currently using the B.A.C. You will like both

Shiloh

hedgehorn
12-27-2008, 02:41 PM
I use the 50/50 pan lubing and I like it. Don't smell half bad either ;)

GabbyM
12-27-2008, 03:50 PM

I wouldn't fet over cleaning it out. Just drop in another stick and let her run.

If you have to. You can remove the size die and just pump it through.

opentop
12-27-2008, 05:50 PM
Which one of the white lube products would be good for pan lubbing?

I need to get some of the BPCR, but see they are out of it.

Calehedron
12-27-2008, 06:05 PM
I am a big fan of the Carnauba red in my higher velocity rifle applications and any bullets that I sell to others to make it through the shipping. I use BAC for most of my pistol bullets that I load immediately after sizing. Quality stuff and price cant be beat. My wife and I also use the Larson's EZ products for our hands and feet.

12-27-2008, 06:07 PM
opentop,
I pan lube exclusively for the large calibers. Have found Felix + White Label BAC at about 75% Felix to 25% BAC to work well. Just melt some together, let cool and see what seems to be right for pan lubing. The hardness/softness can then be adjusted by adding a little beeswax for a little harder or by adding olive oil or canola oil to final mix for a little softer.

ddeaton
12-27-2008, 07:04 PM
Which one of the white lube products would be good for pan lubbing?

I need to get some of the BPCR, but see they are out of it.

Opentop, I have a whole box of the 50/50 if you need any. You offered me up some good stuff till I get supplied.

Bullshop
12-27-2008, 08:48 PM
Opentop
In case you and others didnt know we also sell BPCR lube. We call it NASA lube and sell it in cake form for pan lubeing at $25.00 per lb or $20.00 per lb for 5 or more lb.
You wont find it anywhere but here or at our site.
Since you said white label is out I thought it OK to mention this.
If this is an intrusion moderators please deleat my post.
BIC/BS

opentop
12-27-2008, 08:50 PM
Thanks DD, I may take you up on that offer!

opentop
12-27-2008, 08:51 PM
Thanks Dan, I didn't even think to look on your site. I think I might just order some.

ddeaton
12-27-2008, 09:10 PM
Opentop
In case you and others didnt know we also sell BPCR lube. We call it NASA lube and sell it in cake form for pan lubeing at $25.00 per lb or $20.00 per lb for 5 or more lb.
You wont find it anywhere but here or at our site.
Since you said white label is out I thought it OK to mention this.
If this is an intrusion moderators please deleat my post.
BIC/BS

Is this stuff more for black powder?

opentop
12-27-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes ddeaton, Black powder cartridge lube. But it might work well for smokeless also.